4 year fluid film comparison test

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by pwncall, Apr 16, 2020.

1. pwncall

pwncall Junior Member

So I've been doing a video every year showing how my car has held up with a yearly application of fluid film (rust protectant)

This is my newest video after 4 northern michigan winters. I have some other cars (still subaru impreza + crosstreks) that were not treated with a rustproofer to compare to. The comparison pictures are around 4:00 in the video if you just want to see those.

Ask away if you have any questions.

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 PlowSite Veteran

The wool wax is thicker so it doesnt wash off

3. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite Fanatic

A few years ago a guy on here did a test like that with some pieces of metal and left them outside. didn't last year's but to speed up the process after a while he power washed the pieces and let them set then he sprinkled salt on them. He used WD40, fluid film and LPS3. LPS3 was clear winner by far.

Hydromaster and Aerospace Eng like this.
  4. OP
    OP
    pwncall

pwncall Junior Member

I’ve seen a few like that on metal but it doesn’t show how it will work on a car (not entirely different but a little).

Also I figured I would document it so others could see the results. I’m pretty impressed with the stuff but again I would probably try wool wax next time as fluid film washes off faster than one would like. The best part of fluid film is it’s abulity to creep though which makes application far easier

5. OnTheFarm

OnTheFarm Member

I saw another good video comparison on Fluid Film on Youtube.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 PlowSite Veteran

Yeah i saw that video