Snow Plowing Forum banner

4 Ton Salt Spreader on a Trailer

4K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  redman6565 
#1 ·
Anyone interested in a 4-ton salt spreader thats been attached to a trailer?

It's got a chain and gear drive not belt. Wisconsin Gas Motor and a 20 foot electric cable so that the control box will reach inside the truck. I used to tow it around with our one-ton pick up without any problems. I dont have my camera today so I'll have to take pictures on Monday and post them or i can email directly to you.

#3 ·
Any idea how much you're looking to get out of it?

#6 ·
it's in great condition, but that's mainly due to it being a back up salter. Home made, custom built trailer to hold the salter. it's perfect for guys just starting off commercially, because you tow it to the lot, plow then hook up and salt, you dont have to worry about the tail gate salters blocking your view while backing up. i was thinking i wanted to get around $6,000.00 for it, what do you think?

#15 ·
New Price!

Willing to part ways with this for $2,500.00

The thing was never used, it was my back up machine. It sat inside my back barn 24/7. Heavy duty trailer, custom built special for this salter. Control box stretches all the way to the cab of your pick-up.

#22 ·
I think that having a trailer mounted Salter is a great idea.

I have seen a few of them around here and they seem to work ok.

How are the brakes on the trailer and what kind of brakes are they (air, electric, fred flinstone feet?????) Also you say its a 4 ton unit? what does that equate to in cubic yards???

#23 ·
ponyboy;744294 said:
i have never seen anybody pull behind a salter why not just mount it in a truck?? Is this common in some areas??
idk about you guys, but i would never put a salter in the back of one of my pick-ups, that'll ruin your pick-up faster than anything else. that's why i built the trailer. tow the salter, park it, plow, hook back up and salt.

#24 ·
M1N1TRK;745350 said:
I think that having a trailer mounted Salter is a great idea.

I have seen a few of them around here and they seem to work ok.

How are the brakes on the trailer and what kind of brakes are they (air, electric, fred flinstone feet?????) Also you say its a 4 ton unit? what does that equate to in cubic yards???
i believe it holds around 2.5 yards.and it has electric brakes...each 12-ply wheel is weighted for 2,800 lbs.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.