4’ x 8’ CNC Plasma Table Build

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Oct 8, 2014.

1. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

Bringing this back to the top. This has been the biggest project I have ever done. This is such a huge learning curve as these kits are so complicated and the documentation leaves too many assumptions. I finally was able to wire it (well that was fun as the instructions conflicted each page of text). Anyway got a test run and got the motors to move from a simulator test file(no torch on just yet). I still have tons to learn as I am having trouble with the Z homes right now.

Here is a short YT vid

https://youtu.be/E5_aButoLJw

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    iceyman and cwren2472 like this.
  2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

I think you forgot to put a piece of a steel on the table...

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

Hows the hypertherm 85 working out? I've got the 45 and its been a great mid sized cutter. I just cut by hand but always dreamed of setting up a table. Got to hand it to you for sticking to it ! Quite the project.

4. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I have not even fired up my hypertherm 85 as it was in the box for quite sometime as I ordered it with a machine torch and not a hand torch. I will let you know how it performs. I do have an HTP plasma cutter that I have been using for many years to "hand" cut stuff. That thing is still kicking.

leigh likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I am in testing phase. Getting there.

512high and cwren2472 like this.
  6. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

This table is up and running and making parts. See American Flag being cut out in the vid. Still learning but getting there.

https://youtu.be/rdkCBMtRZyU

7. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice work!

8. OP
    OP
    TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

flag1.jpeg Some parts and other items I have made so far. Flag

bucketear5.jpeg

Backhoe bucket ears.

Cut a bunch of other stuff. Still learning Inkscape and Sheetcam as I go.

512high and cwren2472 like this.
  9. golfball

golfball Junior Member
    from zone 7

This thread is the reason i joined this board. I was stoked to see it cutting parts. Good job, excellent craftsmanship. Thank you for documenting everything.

512high, Avalanche 2500 and TJS like this.