3rd gen dodge with aftermarket bumper. Any one have a plow mounted?

Diablo1970

I’m wanting to install a plow on my 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 to plow my gravel drive way. I have a fab fours aftermarket bumper. I haves searched but haven’t found much other than a couple post about fabricating some mounts. I’ve seen a couple pics of plows with aftermarket bumpers. Can anyone give advice if possible.
Also I’m wanting a new straight blade so looking for opinions of what manufacturer you have used for this combination.

thanks for your help.

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
It can and has been done. I have a Buckstop on my '14 with a Blizzard PH1.

We had to fab plates to move the push beam (hitch) forward, that was about it.

Going to be a bit difficult to give more advice than that without knowing what plow you will have. But with a welder, plasma cutter and some money, anything can be done.

cwren2472

PlowSite Fanatic
Unfortunately you may not get much help - there is no "standard" aftermarket bumper so there is no way of finding out if and how any particular plow will interfere with it until you actually have it in hand, have the bumper installed, and try to fit it up

Edit: oh, and what Mark said.

OP
D

Diablo1970

Thanks. I figured it’s been done. Any pics of the fab work that so I have and idea? I know bumper and plow manufacture will change.
Thanks

HeavyG603

Thanks. I figured it’s been done. Any pics of the fab work that so I have and idea? I know bumper and plow manufacture will change.
Thanks
Let me know if find anything about modifying the mounts. I went the other route and had a custom bumper built for me from Throttle Down Kustoms. I went with them because they had one that was pretty tight to the frame (12 1/2” from the center mount holes to the bumper surface). On paper it should all work with 4” to spare but I’m waiting for it to come back from the shop for a modification to put it on.

cl733

dont forget to add in the extra lift in the truck for the the heavier coils you will be adding after you put the plow on and find out its going to need heavier coils

HeavyG603

Mine came back and it was impacted the headgear on the rock so I’m having the headgear modified. Too far into the bumper to stop now lol.

4745E877-AB76-4FF6-914E-3B1448E70147.jpeg