Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i'm not sure where to turn here...my left low beam went out on the truck AND the plow last night in the middle of my route, and i've gone through the entire harness and cant fine any loose wires, bad connections, corrosion ANYWHERE. All high beams work fine. This happened before and somehow fixed itself before i could evem look at it...that was 2 years ago. Both bulbs look good tonthe naked eye...help?!

Automotive parking light Vehicle Snow Tire Automotive tire

· Registered
256 Posts
I had similar issue on my ram 2007, it happened twice a year apart. Both time it was the Fisher ( same wiring as Western plow) molded harness headlight plug that plugs back into the OEM plug. It looked all good, but when I metered the plug there was no power. Poked trough the wiring jacket and I had power. So I cut off the plug and the wires were all black and coroded. Fisher doesnt sell a repair kit. To get the Male plug you need to buy an extension set and use what you need or buy a new headlight harness, if that turn out to be your problem.

Light Product Font Audio equipment Material property

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had similar issue on my ram 2007, it happened twice a year apart. Both time it was the Fisher ( same wiring as Western plow) molded harness headlight plug that plugs back into the OEM plug. It looked all good, but when I metered the plug there was no power. Poked trough the wiring jacket and I had power. So I cut off the plug and the wires were all black and coroded. Fisher doesnt sell a repair kit. To get the Male plug you need to buy an extension set and use what you need or buy a new headlight harness, if that turn out to be your problem.

View attachment 191426
Well, it IS a 2007 ram...were you missing just one low beam? Both my high beams work fine on the truck AND plow. Plus, my harness just has plugs on the end of it...i dont have those short pieces at all...or dod you mean to buy those and use them for the plugs?

· Registered
256 Posts
Well, it IS a 2007 ram...were you missing just one low beam? Both my high beams work fine on the truck AND plow. Plus, my harness just has plugs on the end of it...i dont have those short pieces at all...or dod you mean to buy those and use them for the plugs?
Ya buy those if you plow molded plug when bad to splice in vs buying a new harness from western

· Registered
1,030 Posts
Its the wonderful Dodge engineering idea of a computerized fuse box. They're rather touchy and also really expensive to replace. Called the TIPM.

I spliced the passenger side to the driver side with a jump wire.

· Registered
122 Posts
The Fisher and Western headlight adapter kits for vehicles with h13 headlights has been problematic for years,they seem to fail at the black socket that the factory plug goes in,usually you can see traces of whitish corrosion on the front around the pins or on the back around the wires.They will often smell burnt as well.

· Registered
61 Posts
Simple fix to check, on the Western harness where it plugs onto the factory plug, make sure the common (ground) and the power aren't reversed. (grey plug with two wires marked common and low beam in white letters.)The plug can be installed either way from the Western harness onto the factory plug. I've seen this on plows that have been installed and used for several years. One head light was yellow on that one and the other bright.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Simple fix to check, on the Western harness where it plugs onto the factory plug, make sure the common (ground) and the power aren't reversed. (grey plug with two wires marked common and low beam in white letters.)The plug can be installed either way from the Western harness onto the factory plug. I've seen this on plows that have been installed and used for several years. One head light was yellow on that one and the other bright.
This harness was plug and play...no splicing required. And all head lights on the truck AND the plow were nice and bright...been running the silvania ultra's

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I have an update but not a good one...i pulled the plow light harness and plugged my headlights back into the factory sockets to see whether it was the harness or not, and it is not....working on it again tomorro if i can, just hoping its not the TIPM at this point...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.