Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Registered
58,817 Posts
looks slow,
You can hear it bog down

Wow , it didn’t repost….and no gaps…crazy.
Looks faster with a bucket to me...and it looks like that snow is getting blown at least 500 feet, not just 50 feet. Probably more than a foot of snow going 500 feet too...

· Registered
7,395 Posts
It's a fantastic idea. But the reality is seriously lagging behind the theory.
Way too slow.

· Registered
58,817 Posts
It's a fantastic idea. But the reality is seriously lagging behind the theory.
Way too slow.
I don't remember all the details, but if you look at what Jerre tried with that Kummings powerplant and blower on a truck, even that was somewhat underpowered for true productivity. He was building it for cell tower access so productivity might not have been quite as big of a deal.

So for someone to claim an air cooled 27 HP has enough power to do the job....

There's a reason they're no long in bizness.

B Series Kummings with twin 40 GPM pumps. No idea if he ever got it working properly.

· Super Moderator
43,031 Posts
I don't remember all the details, but if you look at what Jerre tried with that Kummings powerplant and blower on a truck, even that was somewhat underpowered for true productivity. He was building it for cell tower access so productivity might not have been quite as big of a deal.

So for someone to claim an air cooled 27 HP has enough power to do the job....

There's a reason they're no long in bizness.

B Series Kummings with twin 40 GPM pumps. No idea if he ever got it working properly.
I'm thinking the amount of snow the augers can feed the fan exceeds what the fan can blow.

· Registered
7,395 Posts
I like the concept. Put it with a pull plow for doing driveways. Pull out to the street, blow it away.
A mid size truck. Short box reg cab. 4cyl engine and hydro pump in the bed.
Blower could be 48-54".
Your blowing windrows, so wouldn't need to be full width. Could use wings to widen it out too.

· Registered
58,817 Posts
A company or two did that with tractors here.

Old pricing but here goes. And some guessing.

$11k for an inverted blower...or:

$7k for an Ebling 16 foot
$10k for a front mount blower?
At least $10k for the rear 3 point gearbox to run the front off a PTO instead of an inefficient hydro blower.

Personally, I'm going the $11k route. These are all pre-covid prices/guesses.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts