Snow Plowing Forum banner

2022-2023 salt pricing

6151 Views 49 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  LapeerLandscape
What has everyone been hearing on salt pricing for the season? Our numbers are not out yet, but the supplier stated that that the municipal costars pricing was going up 18-22% from last year, so we are expecting a 25% increase or about $92.00 pe rton.
  • Wow
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
We find out next month. I expect a large increase
Received price yesterday for meltco with Ca, Orange stuff.
$440.00 a pallet
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
End of winter I was told pricing was going to go up maybe a few dollars per ton. BUT, trucking charges might change that a little. This was before Sniffy **** himself/Putin's price hike fuel went stupid insane.

I haven't heard anything yet, one vendor I won't know anything until August...another said early delivery pricing is pretty good because the trucking company is hauling stuff down to Detoilet and they don't have to deadhead on the way back...maybe I should take advantage of that.
If it doesn't jump alot I'd be suprised...
Reactions: 3
fuel has doubled, so the mines will go up some, unless you are picking up your own, delivery charges per ton will probably double by winter
  • Sad
Anybody have any pricing updates?
Yes
Then
Got a quote for ......$
2% from one vendor.

Just took in 300 tonnes on early order because they beat up the trucking company and got trucking down a bit as well as dropped the price on salt a tad. No, I don't remember how much because I have too many things going right now.
2% from one vendor.
Wait what? How is that possible when fuel is 50% more than last year…asking for a fellow poster
Wait what? How is that possible when fuel is 50% more than last year…asking for a fellow poster
I can provide a phone number if you'd like to call and axe for yourself.
Salt is up 10% in Illernoize and I'm still waiting on trucking pricing to come back but rumor is that will go up 20% from last.
  • Sad
6% on pickup at yard from one vendor, haven’t heard from the other…
All things considered that’s not bad at all. We’ve all seen much larger increases during years in the past.

I was being sarcastic on my prior post
2% increase here. This was after last season when it came down $40.00 per ton. No idea why the price went down last year.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.