Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2021 Silverado 2500 truck and installed the upfitter switch wiring when I took delivery of the truck several months ago.

I have a few questions about proper functioning/using these switches.

First question, I’m using switch 5 for my beacon light. With the switch depressed, the beacon only comes on while the truck is running. Not on with “key on”/ accessory power on, (no key for my truck). Is this normal?

Second question, With or without the “key on”, my switch lights (switch indicator light) come on. So, if I have a switch depressed and turn off the truck and walk away, the switch light stays on. Is this normal?

I have nothing connected to switches 1-4 at this time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, I do understand that switches 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 can be supplied with either constant power or switched power with the repositioning of their fuses. Assuming this is not an option for switch 5.

·
Registered
16,740 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have a 2021 Silverado 2500 truck and installed the upfitter switch wiring when I took delivery of the truck several months ago.

I have a few questions about proper functioning/using these switches.

First question, I'm using switch 5 for my beacon light. With the switch depressed, the beacon only comes on while the truck is running. Not on with "key on"/ accessory power on, (no key for my truck). Is this normal?

Second question, With or without the "key on", my switch lights (switch indicator light) come on. So, if I have a switch depressed and turn off the truck and walk away, the switch light stays on. Is this normal?

I have nothing connected to switches 1-4 at this time.
Yes, the indicater light staying on is normal, my company truck dose the same.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
i know this is an old post,but, took 6 months to get mine and finally starting to work on it
question, where did you connect the sw #5? did you pull the headliner to access the end of it?
yes 5 is supposed to be live, as mentioned the others can be changed
i dont think the kid in the video knows it is at the 3rd brake light

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know this is an old post,but, took 6 months to get mine and finally starting to work on it
question, where did you connect the sw #5? did you pull the headliner to access the end of it?
yes 5 is supposed to be live, as mentioned the others can be changed
i dont think the kid in the video knows it is at the 3rd brake light
I removed the centermounted brake light from the cab and the wires were right there. I have a regular cab.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts