Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup, you read that right: the all-new GM 6.6L V-8 L8T gasoline engine for the all-new 2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD and 2020 GMC Sierra HD is not equipped with Active Fuel Management (AFM), Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM), or Auto Stop-Start, GM Authority confirmed with GM.

The absence of the fuel-saving technologies is noteworthy, given customer complaints about all three features. For instance, the first iteration of AFM was known to cause some vehicles to shake when the engine switched from 8-cylinder to 4-cylinder mode. Meanwhile, Auto Stop-Start has been the source of all kinds of complaint, causing owners to actively look for ways to disable it. Luckily, we have yet to hear a single complaint about DFM - though that may change as more vehicles with the technology hit the streets.

On a related note, we were also able to find out the recommended fuel rating for the L8T as 87 octane. As such, the direct-injected engine doesn't need the pricey stuff to make its 401 horsepower and 464 pound-feet of torque in the 2020 Silverado HD and 2020 Sierra HD.

Stay tuned to GM Authority as we learn more about the L8T, and for ongoing GM news coverage.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/02...ne-no-active-fuel-management-auto-stop-start/

· Registered
15,923 Posts
It seems GM keeps tripping over it self.

· Registered
15,923 Posts

· Registered
5,647 Posts
they did away with bb gas and pushed diesel, now they are finding people want bigger gas engines, as they dont want to deal with diesel...even freightliner is working with gas engines again
Happily hanging on to my 8.1's

· Registered
60,321 Posts

· Registered
60,321 Posts
10 speed transmission???

Is there a contest between the 3 as to who can make the ugliest grille/front end?

· Registered
60,321 Posts

· Registered
7,943 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, I think someone posted that TFL video not long ago....

NYH1.

· Registered
15,923 Posts
I thought you didn't like Ford.

· Registered
1,175 Posts
Key thing is, will the frame crack in half above the front axle like the last 15 yr models? If it has a diesel motor and put a plow on it will it void the warranty like in years past? So what good is all hp if these things aren't resolved?
Where have you been!?!?

As of 2011 when they made the new HD frame, ALL cabs and engines have VYU Plow prep as an option. The frames are totally different than the 01-10 frame. No cracks. 6000lbs FGAWR on diesel trucks with VYU.

Seems you have some catching up to do...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.