2020 Chevy Silverado 2500/3500 HD's.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by NYH1, Feb 7, 2019.

1. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

As a GM proponent, I would only say that the product that GM has put out for the past 25 years has met our needs sufficiently. Have we had problems? For sure. I recall a time when three of our four truck fleet had blown reverse out of the 4L80E. I have seen the frame crack issues on the pre '11 frames. And there are other things if I sifted through our records. Despite these issues, we still choose to purchase GM trucks.

The point is less about what truck is suited to suburbia and which are suited to back-country life, and more about where you see your needs met and after the sale service. Most of my purchasing decisions are less about price than what happens after the sale. And it seems to me that brand loyalty pays dividends when it comes to after-sale service, at least in our experience.

Now I know that doesn't capture all of the bravado that has been bantered about here. The point is there really isn't a whole lot of difference amongst the different offerings anymore, the days of the good 'ol solid work truck are over (even 12V Dodges with decent bodies are becoming extinct). So as long as you're buying a new truck with PW and PS, it seems silly to debate that one brand is clearly best. We're all deciding by which seated heat works best.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Far too much common sense and not nearly enough chest pounding in this post. (That should keep this post from being removed. I'd like to say something else, but I'm giving MJD a break this morning.)

3. fireside

fireside PlowSite.com Addict

Well after pricing out trucks Chevy 2020 is way higher than the ford. Now what to do but $3210 is real money to me.

4. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

$3210 is a small price to pay for quality, reliability, and a smooooooth ride... :nod:

5. fireside

I have 3 chevys newest is a 2019 3500. When j bought that truck in April it was Chevy 4800 cheaper

6. Mark Oomkes

Never a single breakdown...evuh!!!!

m_ice, BUFF and Philbilly2 like this.
  7. Philbilly2

that is wicked ;)

Mark Oomkes likes this.
  8. Philbilly2

new body style... and your dealer is giving it to you...

9. Philbilly2

10. Philbilly2

And I too have a whole herd of GM's...

it will take a lot to get me to own a Ford again after having a 6.0 - some things you just can't forget

11. fireside

Oh you too! I will not own s ford again! The best I ever heard we don’t have any problems with the motors. So why are you suing international in federal court or warranty claims

Philbilly2 likes this.
  12. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

The way I heard it is the GM employees are on strike because they don't want to build such a ugly truck.

In the contract demands,a they asking for a redesign

Randall Ave, Philbilly2, BUFF and 2 others like this.
  13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

This is maybe the most lucid, and intelligent post ever on this site. You’ll need to leave now.

Randall Ave, Philbilly2, BUFF and 3 others like this.
  14. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

West of the Mississippi word on the playground is the strike is because the employees / unions are tired of working of working to payback the gooberment…...

15. Mark Oomkes

Guess they shouldn't have taken the money then...or gotten themselves into the situation to begin with.

BUFF likes this.
  16. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to leave humbly, just can't seem to get my head through the door.

Philbilly2, m_ice and Mark Oomkes like this.
  17. Mark Oomkes

It's a Dutch thing...and your klompen?

18. Western1

Western1 PlowSite.com Addict
    from MI.

So that’s like 6-7 percent?

19. fireside

So pretty much they want sticker minus 600 to 800! A 2019 is 11k off sticker so I’m not sure what I’m going to do.