Snow Plowing Forum banner

2019 GMC 2500 HD PF 61E oil filter doesnt fit

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Newdude 
#1 ·
First oil change.I picked up a PF 61E oil filter. Went to put on and it doesn't fit. The thread diameter is too small. Checked the filter I took off and it says it's a PF 48E. I have other PF 48 E's for my 2009 6.0. It screws on and tightens up no problem Only difference is the new PF 48 E is about a 1/4" shorter than the one I took off. Any idea why the PF 61E won't fit ?
The 48 E I removed has a red label not white, ive never seen a red label before.
Here's a picture of the old red label filter.[/GALLERY]

Food Fluid Automotive tire Liquid Ingredient

See less See more
#5 ·
First oil change.I picked up a PF 61E oil filter. Went to put on and it doesn't fit. The thread diameter is too small. Checked the filter I took off and it says it's a PF 48E. I have other PF 48 E's for my 2009 6.0. It screws on and tightens up no problem Only difference is the new PF 48 E is about a 1/4" shorter than the one I took off. Any idea why the PF 61E won't fit ?
The 48 E I removed has a red label not white, ive never seen a red label before.

View attachment 203174
I want to say that the correct "long body" filter that is the same thread as a PF48 is a PF52 if I recall correct.

All of my gas motor GM trucks take a PF48. 4.8/5.3/6.0 kinda nice for stock
PF-48 is the correct filter. PF-61 is NOT correct. Nor is PF-52.

#6 ·

View attachment 203174
huh?

#7 ·
My new 2020 duranax I had the same problem. So many years stocked the same filter.
I have a good garage on my mow route that sometimes can fit me in when I mow the garage and residence. Been swamped this year so I figured I would wait till the weekend and do it at the shop. Except I had the wrong filters.
I ordered a cross reference of the ac delco from the factory in the brand that I prefer and it is considerably smaller but threads and seals line up. I was assured length isnt important...its all about fit and girth...

#8 ·
My new 2020 duranax I had the same problem. So many years stocked the same filter.
I have a good garage on my mow route that sometimes can fit me in when I mow the garage and residence. Been swamped this year so I figured I would wait till the weekend and do it at the shop. Except I had the wrong filters.
I ordered a cross reference of the ac delco from the factory in the brand that I prefer and it is considerably smaller but threads and seals line up. I was assured length isnt important...its all about fit and girth...
Yep, they ditched the PF-2232 for the new PF-26 filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.