Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, about to buy a 2019 f250 crew cab short bed. Gonna put a 8.5' xv2 on it and a Fisher polycaster 1.5 yard sander...has anyone put a sander on one of these new f250's? Worried if itll handle the weight. I only put a yard in at a time never top off. A buddy has a 2011 and says his works fine but has air bags in the back for towing camper. The only downfall is cornering with it loaded he said you can feel it sway a little more than usual...anyone had any experience with either of these 1) sander in a f250 2)air bags and sander in f250...thanks for all help and responses!!!

· Premium Member
17,092 Posts
Hi everyone, about to buy a 2019 f250 crew cab short bed. Gonna put a 8.5' xv2 on it and a Fisher polycaster 1.5 yard sander...has anyone put a sander on one of these new f250's? Worried if itll handle the weight. I only put a yard in at a time never top off. A buddy has a 2011 and says his works fine but has air bags in the back for towing camper. The only downfall is cornering with it loaded he said you can feel it sway a little more than usual...anyone had any experience with either of these 1) sander in a f250 2)air bags and sander in f250...thanks for all help and responses!!!
What size truck is the spreader in now?

· Super Moderator
43,059 Posts
Do you happen to know what the GVW the pickup is, you can get F-250's with a 10k GVW.

· Registered
3,930 Posts
Our 16 F250 had a 2 yard Poly Caster in it last year and only running a yard you'll be fine, it might squat a tiny bit but shouldn't have any issues. The 16 has air bags but even loaded with 2 tons of salt I only had to inflate the bags with about 20-25lbs to bring it back to level.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.