1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 ram 2500 diesel navigation question

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Dec 30, 2016.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

and does the delete stuff void the warranty?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Deleting it will add 3-5 MPG. Yes, deleting it will void parts of your warranty. I've had warranty work done on my truck since I've deleted it. Just not anything relating to what was deleted. When I'm headed to my house up North, running the Interstate at 75 or so I'll get 21 MPG.

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Yea,

If you mess with it alter the peramamaters, why should they pay?.
    Ya play, Ya pay.

How to drain your fuel water sep is in your owners manual
    It's a good read.
    hint use a at mason jar, then let the sample sit on your bench for 1/2 hr.
    Then look for clear blobs on the bottom.
    If you see this, it's wAter

4. UniqueTouch

def will thank you, is there anything I can do to get better gas milage ?

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Fuel millage
    Summer fuel will help.
    Shorter idel times

Think ahead.
    Drive et like you have a egg between yer foot and the accelerator .

15mpg? In town or highway

6. UniqueTouch

it was the highway, I live in central jersey on the shore and bought it about 160 miles away in Maryland, and I averaged 16.1

7. JustJeff

Yes, delete it.

8. UniqueTouch

haha okay, one last question, does the having a plow mount if I decide to in the future , will that void warranty? ive gotten different answers, one mechanic at the local dodge dealer said as long as it a 2500 serious and up, does that sound right?

9. JustJeff

If they want to be pricks they don't have to warranty any plow related issues at all if it doesn't have the plow prep package. It all depends on your dealer.

10. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

It's brand new. The parts have wear in before you get better mileage. Plow shouldn't be an issue. If you don't have the upfitter pass through and aux PCM I have a post in this section about how to wire in for your switched power feed.

11. UniqueTouch

ok thank you

12. UniqueTouch

Had Windows down and put truck in reverse and was a little noise when it shifted made me sick to my stomach doesn't do it when it goes into drive , thank god I have warranty pray it's nothing

13. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

What kind of noise? Like a clunk coming from the rear end? If so I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets worse or you notice other stuff what did it sound like, and where did it sound like it came from?

14. UniqueTouch

just a little loud when it goes in reverse, doesn't always happen just heard it once but made me nervous

15. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

They do that if the rear end is kinda preloaded from when you stopped. Kind of a clunk that has a ring to it. Don't worry unless it gets worse.

UniqueTouch likes this.
  16. UniqueTouch

what kind of upgrades has everyone if any done to their 6.7 cummins. I've been hearing a couple trucks and you can hear that whistle from the turbo but my truck doesn't make it at all, which I was hoping it would be louder, I love that noise lol. I want to do some things to my truck that aren't to complicated and wont have an problems when I bring the truck in for service. I did the fuel filters the other day. I looked at it for two days wanted to dive in but was scared lol, but I finally bit the bullet and did it. took two tries before it fired back up but seems to run the same as before. no leaks , I check a million times because I didn't want to tighten everything up as tight as it was before since everything is plastic. the only thing I haven't done yet is the air filter.