1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

2016 POWER WAGON

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by DAFFMOBILEWASH, Nov 6, 2016.

1. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

After a long debate I am a owner of a 2016 Power Wagon.... Opted to go gas rather than diesel for simplicity and loved the look of the PW and the options for snow and traction.

So what plow would be your dream set up?

automobiles-new-2016-ram-2500-4wd-crew-cab-149-power-wagon-1189549-left-side-photo-Image.jpg

2. inconquerable

inconquerable Junior Member

That thing is awesome looking! Congrats on the new truck.

3. MIDTOWNPC

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

There is a new ram in town...
    Nice Truck!

4. FredG

FredG PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck, Plow is a personal preference thing and where you can get parts and service near by.

5. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

Dream set up is a good dealer supported V plow and an ebling expandable back bladeThumbs Up

6. DAFFMOBILEWASH

Thanks for the compliments everyone !!

I was hoping on using a older Revolution on it but there seems to be an issue with the mounting kits because of the frame change in 2013. This due to my good luck with the brand, spare parts and a wiring knowledge which helps when stupid issues arrise. Around here there isn't much you cant find wrt brand loyalty and repairs. I usually install and repair in house unless warrantee is involved. Havent given blade choice much of a thought till now.

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Looks like a fun ride.

What is the difference is a power wagon vs crew shortbed ram ?
    Interior?
    Mechanical?
    Suspension?

8. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Mechanical and suspension. Separate and locking differentials, larger 32" tires, electronically disconnecting sway bar, and some other things that I forget.

9. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

New Ford with an XLS. :plowred:

10. DAFFMOBILEWASH

I saw your new truck is on route to the dealer.....

images8X7K63CT.jpg

V_Scapes and Philbilly2 like this.
  11. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Can you hang a plow with the winch?

And what happened to the snow chief?
    To raciest?

But kuel kruk.

12. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

:laughing::laughing:o_O I can find funny pics on the interweb too.

ca6b3f7ac156a87dfd08ee9dfb712dbe19af737a36730c4b2fcebbb9ac756ea5_1.jpg

Philbilly2 likes this.
  13. DAFFMOBILEWASH

I'm not sure about the plow and the winch creating a anomaly preventing a normal hook up. Then there is the 2" of extra ride height and the sway bar disconnect mechanism which might add to the grief as well.

Worst case scenario is a bit of custom work to make it fit. Still think a straight blade with wings is the best option for the V's can get fussy with ride heights and getting the geometry just right.

As I remember the snow Chief is still an option here in Canada from when I was pricing out trucks. For bang for buck it was hard to resist the PW. The only drawback is the mileage with the 6.4l Hemi. On the hwy mix I averaged 14.5 which I thought was very good considering the truck at hand and my cruising speed was 78....

Compared to my 06 2500 5.9 Dodge this truck is much larger. I find the parking spots always too short and turning radius not as tight. This might come into play when plowing a few drive thru's... But I don't miss the noise of the Cummins on my ears while underway. Over the last few years I have become much more noise conscious with my hearing. Some noises are simply painful these days. A sign I am getting old....

14. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

I hear it can be done with some fab work.
    I'd put a plow on it also.
    just know the rest of the story..

the other issue,( not that a lot of us dont run over weight)
    the biggest limitation would be the front GAWR.
    4,750# minus a base weight of 4,139# leaves very little to work with.

Snow Plow Prep Group
    SNOWPLOW PREP GROUP — Includes 180-amp alternator (gas), 220-amp (diesel), transfer case skid plate (4x4 models only)
    not available on the following models
    Tradesman Power Wagon
    Power Wagon Crew
    Laramie Power Wagon.

but a lot of folks plow with out plow prep.
    let us know how the install goes.
    and get yourself some counterweight...

15. DAFFMOBILEWASH

I think the reason it is not available is due to these options are standard or better with the PW. It is possible to add dual alts to this trick with over 300amps available.

16. SnoFarmer

from N,E. MN

There is more to the plow prep than what they list, like different front springs with higher weight ratings, power steering fluid cooler, a 2nd traney cooler etc etc.
    yes, some packages also upgrade some of theses options.

You will find that the front is going to nosedive when you go to raise the plow. (counterweight is your friend)
    like i said, id put a plow on it too,
    just be aware of its issues.

Ive never needed 2 alts, but i do use 2 batts.
    we seem to use or need the most power(amps) when we are going slow or at a stop, at these times the alt is putting out very little.

17. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

There is another guy on here with a PW with a yellow V on it. Don't recall if it's a Fisher or Meyer. Try searching it. His truck looks very similar to yours.

18. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Well put!!! [​IMG]

19. hbrady

hbrady Senior Member

I did a little research and found a video of a Power Wagon plowing...

Good soundtrack too!

20. ktfbgb

ktfbgb 2000 Club Member

That's hilarious!