2015 Truckside mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Mark Oomkes, Aug 20, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I considered it last year, but in all reality they were untested whereas the Boss 10' has been out in the field for several years. I hate being a beta tester, and based on how so many new releases go nowadays--despite the manufacturers claims--I just want something proven. And this is any manufacturer, just look at the EXT and what a disaster that was.

So now I'm kinda locked into Boss. Boss dealer is a half mile away. Another one is 10ish minutes away.

Thought the 2 closest Fisher dealers were different. The 10ish minutes away Boss dealer is also a Fisher dealer, I wasn't aware of that. Or I forgot. Maybe I forgot that I forgot.

And last...I can drive @Defcon 5 nuts by having a direct lift instead of a chain lift plow.

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

The traitor sells Fisher and BOSS side-by-side? How dare he.

Don't you have SnowEx also? Does SnowEx make a version of that V?
    Edit: Nevermind, I looked and it doesn't look like they do. (yet?)

3. Western1

Western1 PlowSite.com Addict
    from MI.

You can weld it!

TJS, Mark Oomkes and cwren2472 like this.
  4. cwren2472

You have two BOSS dealers within 10 minutes of each other? I know Grand Crapids is a populous place but that seems oddly close.

My nearest competitor I consider "close" at 30 minutes away. And he's technically in another state, so I can't even complain (much).

5. OP
    OP
    Mark Oomkes

Can you believe that crap?

SnowEx seems to be screwed by DD most of the time. Fisher and Western took the expanding plow while the SnowEx v plow took a couple years. And the 10' V is non-existent. Not sure who thought up that marketing plan.

6. OP
    OP
    Mark Oomkes

The other Boss dealer is also a Toro dealer.

The closest Boss dealer mostly sells to municipalities in conjunction with Monroe Truck Equipment, however that arrangement works out.

7. cwren2472

giphy (5).gif

8. cwren2472

Ah, that makes sense. I do know of another pair of dealers, literally across the street from each other, but they don't sell overlapping equipment (truck plows on one side, atv/utv stuff on the other)

9. OP
    OP
    Mark Oomkes

dmacleo and GMC Driver like this.
  10. dmacleo

dmacleo Member

I was gonna suggest a 9.2 with the slap on wing kits. cut edges for them are expensive though unless you can make your own.
    would bring it to around 10' 4" or so if I remember last time I measured one.