Snow Plowing Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I stopped in at the local Western/Fisher dealer last weekend to look into the HTS. A couple of the guys who work there said they thought the midweight was a much better setup and quoted me on the Western midweight plows, which weigh 540lbs (steel) and 532 lbs (poly). They said that, technically, the steel unit's additional eight pounds puts me over the FAWR, but the poly doesn't. The steel Western midweight is only $200 more than the HTS. The dealer said they'd put it on my truck but I'd have to sign a release because it's over the FAWR. I want to go with the midweight but want to make sure the front end can handle it...that's my concern.[/QUOTE

go with the midweight and don't look back I would definitely recommend putting a leveling kit in as well to help with the weight of the blade

·
Registered
16 Posts
I already purchased a motofab leveling kit, which I will install before I purchase the plow. That's going to lift my front end by 2", not beef up the suspension. Are you suggesting that I install heavier springs too?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2014 1500 GMC Sierra SLE and I was offered a light plow for my truck to do just my driveway. The issue or non-issue is its coming off of a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 would the setup for the 2500 fit my 1500?

·
Premium Member
14,509 Posts
I have a 2014 1500 GMC Sierra SLE and I was offered a light plow for my truck to do just my driveway. The issue or non-issue is its coming off of a 2013 Chevy Silverado 2500 would the setup for the 2500 fit my 1500?
No. At a minimum, you'll need a different mount and headlight harness. The frames are different between the 1500 and 2500 and the headlights changed in 2014 for the 1/2 tons.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts