Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2016 double cab with a western hts and I wish I would've went with the midweight the bumper had to be trimmed,and theres plenty of clearance with my leveling kit

·
Registered
19 Posts
Pipe76 I'm still trying to figure out how add pictures from my phone up here lol.... As far.as the swiveling goes I'm already starting to see uneven wear of my cutting edge so there's just one more reason why I wish I would've went with the midweight, I also split 55 contracts with one other guy kind of alot for a half ton with an hts but I lease it so oh well lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jerkyboy, I had the hts on my 16 half ton it was an ok plow but for what I did I didn’t like it it wasn’t a chain driven plow like the rest of the traditional westerns the removable receivers are smaller than the midweight so if you ever wanted to upgrade to a bigger plow you would have to buy those too. Honestly I don’t know how much you plow but I plow with a guy who only uses the 7’6 pro plow on a half ton we know it’s way to heavy but it handles the weight very well honestly

·
Registered
19 Posts
I stopped in at the local Western/Fisher dealer last weekend to look into the HTS. A couple of the guys who work there said they thought the midweight was a much better setup and quoted me on the Western midweight plows, which weigh 540lbs (steel) and 532 lbs (poly). They said that, technically, the steel unit's additional eight pounds puts me over the FAWR, but the poly doesn't. The steel Western midweight is only $200 more than the HTS. The dealer said they'd put it on my truck but I'd have to sign a release because it's over the FAWR. I want to go with the midweight but want to make sure the front end can handle it...that's my concern.[/QUOTE

go with the midweight and don't look back I would definitely recommend putting a leveling kit in as well to help with the weight of the blade

1 - 5 of 5 Posts