Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm actually asking this question on behalf of my dad who is not very computer savvy.
He used to have a 2003 Ford F250 Super Duty with a Hiniker V-Plow. Unfortunately, I was recently involved in a car accident while driving his truck and I rolled it and totaled it. The plow was not on the truck at the time thank God. (And by some miracle, I was not seriously injured.)
He was able to save all of the gear off the truck with regards to the plow (the rig, wiring harness, etc.)
The plow is either the 1851 or 1951 V-Plow.
He has been looking at used trucks because he doesn't need, nor can he afford, a brand new one. He would like to be able to use the plow that he has and the current rigging.
He found a 2004 F-350 Super Duty. I have been trying to figure out if the plow would fit on this truck as well. Does anybody know the answer to that?

Thank you in advance for your help,
Tricia

· Registered
760 Posts
Ford had a frame change part way through the 2004 model year.
Western sells 2 different mounts depending on the build date early model years are the same as 2003 late model years are the same as 2005.
I would check the date on the sticker on the driver's door.
If the date is 11/31/03 or older you should be good to go.
If the date is 12/1/03 or newer I would recommend contacting hiniker to see if you should be using a different mount.

P.S. If the 04 is a 6.0 diesel tell him to keep looking until he finds a gas one. Trust me you don't want that engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.