Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would this likely have the 6.0 in it?

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/ctd/6897130542.html

The CFO had someone turn in front of her last night and the Wrangler is down for a while, but we really need something cheap and readily available. Definitely wouldn't be a long term vehicle.

Looks pretty clean...thoughts?

· Registered
15,792 Posts
Other then a missing fuel door and a rust hole in the side door it looks like, but they all do it there... You can then throw a skid of salt in the side doors and use it for side walk crew...

Plus the front doors can be sold to the 4500/5500 guys when if it dies... Dibs on pass door...

Says V8 so that's gets rid of a 4.3...

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your considering replacing her Wrangler with a cargo van?
Lol...no. Gardening company is short on vehicles. And we need something enclosed for hauling EPIC amounts of annuals.

She needs a rental or we need another vehicle.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Other then a missing fuel door and a rust hole in the side door it looks like, but they all do it there... You can then throw a skid of salt in the side doors and use it for side walk crew...

Plus the front doors can be sold to the 4500/5500 guys when if it dies... Dibs on pass door...

Says V8 so that's gets rid of a 4.3...
Its only a few miles from the bunker, probably go look at it. It's in better condition than 2 of the 3 other trucks.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
Lol...no. Gardening company is short on vehicles. And we need something enclosed for hauling EPIC amounts of annuals.
Ooooh, that makes more sense then. Cuz I was thinking she'd have a pretty strong opinion on that matter, more so than we would.

Seems like the perfect temporary vehicle then - what the hell else are you going to buy for under $3k these days? 4 months of payments on a new one?

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
She's the one that found it.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sold already...so take the freaking ad off craigslist you blooming idiot.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apparently

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Banned
13,443 Posts

· Registered
18,088 Posts
I know it is gone now, but just so you know if you stumble across another one. These are the motor options that I have seen in my years of GM cargo vans.

If I am missing one, someone please correct me.

1996-2002 - 4.3L V6 - 5.0L V8 - 5.7L V8 - 6.5L V8 Diesel
2001-2002 also had a big block 8.1L V8 option (might be a few 2000's also?)

The body style front end like you were looking at stated in 2003
2003-current - 4.3L V6 - 4.8L V8 - 6.0L V8
???? - 2016 - 6.6L V8 Duramax
2003-2014 - 5.3L V8

Never had a V6 van yet.

5.7 was bullet proof, 6.0 is still bullet proof. The 4.8L's have a 6 or 7 speed trans IIRC so it does pretty good on fuel and can pull a trailer if need be.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.