2002 Holder sidewalk plow. Cylinder leaking. Need help.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Robert from the Soo, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng PlowSite.com Addict

This looks like what I thought it should be, but the pictures make it look like the O-ring section below the threads is bigger than the threads, which would make it geometrically impossible to insert. Optical delusion on my part, I guess.

2. Thank you. I did not take a pic of the job progress because I was busy running around, but honestly, it's a very straight forward work, you will rarely find a bumper stopper hiding in the snow. Very easy.

I found, I believe, three members that described the way to fix the cylinder and they were all right on the nail head.

Probably if I would have searched a bit more deeply I could find cylinders, new or used for a better price, but there is a moral in all this ordeal...

Avalanche 2500 likes this.
  3. Probably my pictures were not descriptive enough. The pictures were taken under the sun but the parts were not clean properly, easy to get confused, but it's a very straight job.

Oliver, the person doing the work was ready to do it the way we ended moving forward from the beginning... he said, forget Holder and forget the phone, let's cut the eyelid, move the part out pick the seals... I'll do that while you go to pick up a new set of seals and rings... I was doubtious but Oliver has been doing this job for more than 30 years and he knows well.

Let me tell you, very robust cylinders and I'm sure those cylinders are made by Weber Hydraulik, good material that will last forever if you know this trick about how to rebuild them... expensive though.

Thank you AE, cause you come out with the same solution we were evaluating, but you know how to pull wood out the bushes. Thank you very much for your encouragement.

4. fireball

fireball PlowSite.com Veteran

Absolutely great news.

Robert from the Soo likes this.
  5. Thank you fireball.
    Never get scared when you're handling red hot iron...