Snow Plowing Forum banner

2000 Ram 2500 w/ez-mount express and custom bumper

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  RonS 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I have been floating around this site for about a year or so. I own a 2000 Ram 2500 v-10 auto. It has 48# springs with 2" spacers with airbags in the rear. I decided to fabricate my own bumper to incorporate the Meyer EZ-Mount Express. I formed it using 3/16" steel and fully welded it to the pushbar/ plow mount. Then I Line-Xed it. The whole bumper uses the 4 plow mount bolts.

Here's what I've done;

Thanks for looking,

RonS

See less See more
#5 ·
At first it looked a little odd with the way you ended the ends of the bumper, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Very nice job, I do a little welding also, mostly tig.

With the up angle on the A frame, do you find the truck riding up when you push into a large snow pile?

Ian

#7 ·
Ian said:
At first it looked a little odd with the way you ended the ends of the bumper, but the more I look at it the more I like it. Very nice job, I do a little welding also, mostly tig.

With the up angle on the A frame, do you find the truck riding up when you push into a large snow pile?

Ian
I know it will do that but I haven't had a chance yet to use it in the deep or heavy stuff. I'll keep you guys posted.
BTW thanks for the compliment. I enjoy welding and fabricating but I don't do it for a living.

RonS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.