• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

2 x 4 wooden edges?

mikeb

I was wondering if anyone who only plows occasionally has ever tried using a 2 x 4 or 2 x 6 as an edge on a blade when dealing with a surface that is sensitive? I realize you would have to replace the edge often, perhaps each time you plow, but 2 x 4's are cheap! Or would it turn to splinters before you got to the end of the driveway? Just wondering.......

GeoffD

PlowSite.com Veteran
I don't think they would work at all. I think they would either split in half when the blade tripped. Or not really wear correct, because of the grain on the wood. Maybe give it a try and let us know.<p>Geoff

plowking35

2000 Club Member
Leave the wood on your house. For senstive areas look into a urethane edge. It will perform as well as steel, outwear it, and it wont harm gravel, parking garages, pavers. or grass.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

Lazer

Yeah what they said.<p>Try it on a .5&quot; snowfall where you don't NEED to plow.<p>From my findings you do anything you can (if you plow for a living) and spend all you need to achieve 1.) Reliablity 2.) Performance when plowing.<p>Now, if you have a plow sitting around that pins on your truck that doesn't have ANY cutting edge and you just want to clear your own gravel drive, I'd give it a try.

Lou

Mike B......Whatever size (2X4 2X6) that you can mount and BOLT. Prior to mounting, get a solid piece of angle iron, cut it to length, drill and mount to the wood, then mount to the plow. I like field expediance.If you haven't got it, and can't get it, improvise.This may work. If it is hard to come by a factory urethane blade, and you need something soft, try bicycle tires. You can plow on a deck with those.If you dont think that will work, use your imagination.<p>Lou<p>L

yardsmith

if area isn't too big, could try these ideas & use a garden tractor with plow. Lots lighter & that'd be much of your problem is weight of the unit digging in to your surface.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>