1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

2 plug to 3 plug question?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fordpsd, Feb 13, 2009.

  1. fordpsd

    fordpsd Senior Member
    Messages: 308

    I recently bought a MM2 3 plug setup. Currently i have a 2 plug set up on my 97F350. My question is do i have to buy a new harness and replace the old one or is there an adaptor or conversion kit to add to my setup now to make it 3 plug?
  2. chcav1218

    chcav1218 Senior Member
    Messages: 954

    you can convert old 2 plug plows to the three plug stup, but I believe you have to re-wire the truck if you have a three plug plow and a two plug set up
  3. fordpsd

    fordpsd Senior Member
    Messages: 308

    Ok, the truck side is the side i need to change to a 3 plug. so i need a new wiring harness correct?
  4. B&B

    B&B PlowSite Fanatic
    Messages: 12,777

    Correct and you'll need to change all of it. And it will be expensive since you'll be basically starting from scratch. But the three plug is a better setup and much more common (since it's current) so in the long run it'll be worth it.
  5. antanddom

    antanddom Member
    Messages: 53

    Hi I had a 2 plug to a 3 plug on an 05 f-350 coat me $1100.00
  6. Crash935

    Crash935 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,377

    Being that its a 97 ford (no offense) it would be cheaper to just change just the headlight harness on the plow side than switching the truck to a 3 plug. Down the road, if you swtich the plow to a newer truck you would probably have to switch everything to a 3 plug set up.
  7. fordpsd

    fordpsd Senior Member
    Messages: 308

    Alright thanks for the input. So it would be cheaper to just change the plow side. What is it that i need to change on the plow side?