Snow Plowing Forum banner

1999 tahoe and western set up HELP

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  tphawk09 
#1 ·
just bought a western set up its off a 1995 chev 1500 the mount and every thing fits like a glove and im now trying to hooh up lights but the plugs r different from mine they r 3 prongs and my truck has fitted clips to the headlights is there anyway of making it work??? or do i have to buy all new wiring any help would be great

#2 ·
I believe that you would try and splice in the correct connectors but what year did the harness come from and what year are you putting it on?

#3 · (Edited)
Sounds like hes got a 2B/2D harness and has HB3/HB4 lights.

Iso modulation harness or relay harness?

You can cut and splice to make it work but you will be cutting into the truck harness. If its a relay harness you only need to change the cross harness (part #61716), iso you need to change both harness for the headlights (part #'s 26351 & 26352)

#4 ·
the harness i have has relays it looks like 2 small black boxes and 2 male and female plugs i looked at the diagram but my lights have different plugs can i just run the light to a toggle switch and use them that way if i need them i just plow 38 lane ways in the neighbour hood thanks again

#7 ·
You have a relay harness. Just need to change the cross harness (part 61716) and then no cutting inot the truck harness except for the marker and turn. Sure some one around here has one they could sell you for a good price, throw it out in the wanted for sale section.

If you want to go the route of cutting into the truck harness and use a toggle switch i can get you the wiring diagram to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.