1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1999 GMC K2500 Flatbed Build!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Pro-Lawn&Ground, Dec 27, 2016.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I would definitely beef up the hinge set up. Some 1.5" .120 wall dom tubing with solid 1.25" round stock for a pin would be a proper set up

SnoFarmer likes this.
  2. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I 2nd,

3. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

Ive actually been trying to catch the wolverines and machine his bones down to hinges buts it's been rediculously difficult to catch him.

thesnowman269 likes this.
  4. thesnowman269

He is rather bitter this time of year. Good luck

5. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

Hahahahahaha amazing!

6. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

7. snowbilly

snowbilly Junior Member

just thought i would show a pic of my 1999 gmc k2500 its has a dump flat bed..love it Screenshot_2016-10-20-20-02-47.png

8. snowbilly

snowbilly Junior Member

if anybody wants closer pics of the bed mount let me know...

9. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

my clone. looks good. brings back memories.

10. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

I'd love to see them.

11. snowbilly

snowbilly Junior Member

i will post them tomorrow....i did not make the bed...there is a company up here in pennsylvania that makes the beds with dump direct fit...i love it though truck has 180,000 on it and runs like new...had to replace the sheet metal in the bed once..other then that never had any problems and its been on the truck for 16 years or so...

TMLGC likes this.
  12. thesnowman269

Lookin good

13. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Fantastic job. Love my flatbed. Had it off this summer. Coated the underside. Will paint top side soon. Great job.

14. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

Some updates. Bed is painted. Built bolt on brackets for the tail lights which I'll have wired this week Im hoping (the guy who does it did my plows and I can't figure it out for sh*t)

IMG_0393.JPG

IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

Sawboy likes this.
  15. Pro-Lawn&Ground

Pro-Lawn&Ground Member

IMG_0774.JPG The beds complete!

iceyman and Sawboy like this.
  16. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 Senior Member

Nice build!!!, now you can put her to use + make some $ Back!! Not to mention the ex large workshop. A lot of red bull?? I prefer Budlight myself :drinkup:

17. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

Great job! Thanks for sharing. I have a used flatbed to put on one truck, plan to build one for another. I am going to make a removable dovetail to use in the summer so we can load zero turn mowers then take it off for the winter when plowing.