1998 Chevy 3500 frame replacement

Collision

Resized_20201129_170138.jpg

Hi guys, here is the frame in question. It belongs to a 1998 chevy 3500, standard cab long bed. My grand question to you guys is can this be patched? Either with a plate or cutting further back and splicing a new front horn on? Option b would be total frame replacement. I know money wise many of you would say its not worth it, but it has sentimental value.

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
View attachment 211704

Hi guys, here is the frame in question. It belongs to a 1998 chevy 3500, standard cab long bed. My grand question to you guys is can this be patched? Either with a plate or cutting further back and splicing a new front horn on? Option b would be total frame replacement. I know money wise many of you would say its not worth it, but it has sentimental value.
If you look on the inside of those frame rails, it is probably just as bad.

OP
Collision

Collision

Just curious how is the trucks body, rockers, floor, engine /trans. miles ?? got pics ?
Its a 1998 Chevy 3500, 454 automatic with 4x4. Standard cab long bed. The crazy part is no rot anywhere else on the truck (minus brake and trans lines). It was a plow truck, has 112k miles on it. Ill snag some pictures when I see it next

OP
Collision

Collision

Local junk yard would know answer to both
I tried, Ive heard 1988-1998 will work, but ive had others tell me 1994-1998 and it has to be a 3500 and 4x4. I was hoping someone else would have some experience on the matter

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
Its a 1998 Chevy 3500, 454 automatic with 4x4. Standard cab long bed. The crazy part is no rot anywhere else on the truck (minus brake and trans lines). It was a plow truck, has 112k miles on it. Ill snag some pictures when I see it next
If you could find a front frame clip. And you someone really good at welding. Then you could go that route. Would be a lot of work. But I like a challenge myself.

OP
Collision

Collision

I found it local, a guy had it shipped from a yard out there to here, north jersey. The shipping was $2500.00. he took everything off of it and then I purchased the it. he stops here now, I can ask him where he found it. It just kills me how clean the frame is.
Im outside of philly, keep me updated, definitely interested. Much appreciated

OP
Collision

Collision

If you could find a front frame clip. And you someone really good at welding. Then you could go that route. Would be a lot of work. But I like a challenge myself.
would that pass a legitimate inspection tho? Im thinking 50 hours of doing it right makes more sense than just trying to patch it together.

Top Forums