1997 F350 front springs, yes again

Chipper

Been wasting way to much time trying to find front springs for my truck. Used truck don't know how the springs got wrecked. Add a leaf won't work. Everything comes up Super duty. I'd love to get the X plow prep springs from Ford. However the local Ford parts guy is of "NO" help and the computer isn't any better.
So does anybody have a "part number" I can use? If Ford no longer makes them who else? Truck is a 1997 F-350 7.3l diesel reg cab Dana 60.
Thanks for the help.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Been wasting way to much time trying to find front springs for my truck. Used truck don't know how the springs got wrecked. Add a leaf won't work. Everything comes up Super duty. I'd love to get the X plow prep springs from Ford. However the local Ford parts guy is of "NO" help and the computer isn't any better.
So does anybody have a "part number" I can use? If Ford no longer makes them who else? Truck is a 1997 F-350 7.3l diesel reg cab Dana 60.
Thanks for the help.
Is there a spring / chassis shop close by that can make you a spring that suits your needs?
I went that route on my ‘96 and ‘97 and cost wasn’t bad meaning less that springs from a lift kit mfr.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Here's another online source, I've never used them but have a friend that has with good luck.

https://www.autoandtrucksprings.com/1980-1997-ford f350-4wd-models-with-solid-front-axle-suspension-heavy-duty-front-leaf-spring-43-516hd/#tab-2

Also since you have the springs oot I'd recommend replacing the shackle bushings where they pivot in the frame
http://energysuspension.com/parts-search.html
You'd be amazed how sloppy they get and replacing them will tighten up the "handling" of the pickup.

Randall Ave

PlowSite Fanatic
And if you have a local spring shop, if you have never replaced springs before, ya might want to take the truck to them and have them do it, the labor charge is really not that much. Are you by Babcock springs?

Last edited:
OP
Chipper

Chipper

Checked Ford and parts are obsolete. So I ordered a Add-a-leaf from Superlift part number 2049. On sale for 75 bucks and free shipping. :clapping:
I'll install them myself, life long mechanic/auto body frame tech. Local spring shop and me are not on talking terms. Never will be again. Shop related issues. Bunch of over priced hacks, in my experience.
Will post before and after pictures for others to see if any lift. Hate when people don't follow up when they ask questions. Be a week or so, very busy.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
Checked Ford and parts are obsolete. So I ordered a Add-a-leaf from Superlift part number 2049. On sale for 75 bucks and free shipping. :clapping:
I'll install them myself, life long mechanic/auto body frame tech. Local spring shop and me are not on talking terms. Never will be again. Shop related issues. Bunch of over priced hacks, in my experience.
Will post before and after pictures for others to see if any lift. Hate when people don't follow up when they ask questions. Be a week or so, very busy.
Wee doo like pictures....

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
And if you have a local spring shop, if you have never replaced springs before, ya might want to take the truck to them and have them do it, the labor charge is really not that much. Are you by Babcock springs?
@Randall Ave , you order springs from Babcock?
Just curious, because I get my springs there. Didn't realize they are nationally known.

OP
Chipper

Chipper

Got those springs in and am every happy with the results. Got about 1-1.5 lift which leveled off the truck. Ride is firmer but not bad at all. Now it's time to get the plow off my Bronco and onto the F350.
Sorry no before picture just a after. Was surprised how bad the u-bolts were rusted. Truck is a southern truck and not at all rusty. But those factory u-bolt are darn near rusted through.
DSC02521.JPG
DSC02522.JPG
DSC01856.JPG

Top Forums