1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

1993 K1500 4x4 TRANS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jsbmaine, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. jsbmaine

    jsbmaine Junior Member
    Messages: 10

    I'm trying to find out what the tool is called to remove the check plug on the 5spd trans. It looks like a really large allen wrench, but I don't have anything even close in size. Where would I get one?
  2. CHPL

    CHPL Member
    Messages: 82

    Find a bolt head that will fit in it then double nut it and use a wrench to remove the plug.
  3. Detroitdan

    Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict
    Messages: 1,937

    I bought a socket head tool at Ace Hardware recently, I belive it was size t-50 or t-55.
  4. hudie3

    hudie3 Junior Member
    Messages: 19

    i went to sears hardware and bought a big ole allen wrench. you could also go to napa they have speciality tools for different make vehicles.