1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

17 2500 Witha 6.4

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Plowin Dodge, Jan 15, 2017.

1. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Thumbs Up The :terribletowel: got one right, I dont like the "up town gal".........:drinkup:

2. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 2000 Club Member

I think she needs to meet up with Marks and Buffs wives...They could form a support group

BUFF and Mark Oomkes like this.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Humm,
    I see that playing out....

Is that all you'rs did... Mine did this .......

I see why you don't let mark go alone.......

Yadda yadda yadda

4. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Here is my thoughts on the 6.4....

Until there is finally a emission system in place on the new diesels which doesn't compromise fuel consumption nor dependability I'm sticking with the gasser. In business, the bottom line is the bottom line and I just don't comprehend the fuel savings is justification for the diesel any more. Sure the new diesels are making gobs of power and with a delete become much more reliable.

But is it legal? The MTO has implemented some very harsh fines on the big heavy hauler trucks.... Its only a matter of time till the delete game is over.

My 06 2500 is still going strong. I've spent a small fortune on it over the past 24 months to keep it alive. Every issue from day one has been rust related and the salt keeps chewin. Looking back one could of invested this repair money into a lease and almost been equal for the past two years. Hence the new Power wagon which I leased just in case the lack of the diesel bothered me to the point I hated the truck. As a plow truck the Power Wagon is tough to beat. Considering the gearing, stance and extras in the drive line which set it appart from the rest of the pack. Not to mention the price and wow factor as you drive it about. Always getting compliments on the truck like no other I've ever owned.

5. EXR

EXR Senior Member

Strange, I was told they can pick up that sensors have been unplugged. I just didn't want to chance it. I'm happy with the gasser so far.

6. V_Scapes

V_Scapes PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 2015 3500 6.4 and a 2016 5500 6.7. love them both. The 6.4 has alot of balls for a gas motor. Major power upgrade from the 5.7.
    The first gear lag on the Cummins kinda sucks but on the flip side I don't even feel my 7k pound mini excavator when I'm pulling it. Love the exhaust brake too.