• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

16' GMC 3500 flatbed with Galvanized frame ,Fisher XV2 and HiWay sander

all ferris

OP is the meaning of the word "deicated" :salute:

Around here I am able to run my salt/plow truck about 10-15 years before Illinois starts to eat the truck beyond the threshold of fix vs value. Galv frame and better preventive from the factory would help but that will never happen...Manufactures like to sell new vehicles..

One question, Do the newer GM trucks use a can-bus system for all the electrical? Just wondering how that would effect adding the strobe function to the factory LED lights?

Last edited:
OP
Maleko

Maleko

all ferris;2096917 said:
OP is the meaning of the word "deicated" :salute:

Around here I am able to run my salt/plow truck about 10-15 years before Illinois starts to eat the truck beyond the threshold of fix vs value. Galv frame and better preventive from the factory would help but that will never happen...Manufactures like to sell new vehicles..

One question, Do the newer GM trucks use a can-bus system for all the electrical? Just wondering how that would effect adding the strobe function to the factory LED lights?
I believe no....
But........
We ran those factory lights to and from a Whelen ULF 44 flasher
So that's what powers them now.
The factory wire just powers up the Whelen flasher.

Mark13

PlowSite Fanatic
Maleko;2096118 said:
I just found a pic of our 2011. With only 9k miles. Lol.
9k miles and 4+ years old. Good grief. :eek:

I've done better then 8k miles in my pickup in about 3 weeks and 1/4 of those days were sitting still! payup

OP
Maleko

Maleko

Mark13;2097433 said:
9k miles and 4+ years old. Good grief. :eek:

I've done better then 8k miles in my pickup in about 3 weeks and 1/4 of those days were sitting still! payup
Ya. We have some low mileage trucks.
Think we have a 2000 with like 24k on it.

ratherbfishin

Awesome fleet. I have a much smaller fleet of GM's and turn them over every 6 years or so. I do use them year round though for my business.
One thing I have come to realize...the lines; brake, tranny, fuel, PS, etc. go away fast. I always thought GM should offer SS lines in there plow package. How do you deal with the lines? Just paint?

OP
Maleko

Maleko

jvm81;2102278 said:
Great fleet. Awesome new truck. You guys get a bunch of snow over the last few days? Looks great!!
16". Made for a long 2 days.