1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

1500 plow setup questions

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Kinlen710, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Kinlen710

Kinlen710 Junior Member

I have a ram 1500 quad cab with a 4 in lift. And 35"s. I'm thinking about putting a 8'6" v plow on for just one season. Then buy a same gen truck and swap it over. What would be some issues running this setup. I would only keep the plow on while I'm using it.

2. leigh

leigh 2000 Club Member
    from CT

First problem is the plow is to heavy for the truck.
    Second would be fabricating truck side mounts that allow the plow to sit level.
    # 2 is doable # 1 is not

3. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

In addition to Leigh's topics what year RAM you have is also an important question. 14 and ups have EPAS and plow applications are not recommended.

That lift ant tire setup is just too much to have the plow installed per dealer specs on your truck.

At the most a 7.5' straight blade will be all your 1500 can handle. (If you want a V get the BOSS HTX-V that only weights 490 LBS.

4. Kinlen710

Kinlen710 Junior Member

Snowdogg also make a 7'6" v plow that will work. I was just thinking if I could get the 8'6" to swap to a 2500 the following year. But I guess it's just time to swap the truck

5. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I'd take another look on SnowDoggs website. IIRC their V-Plow is 600-700 LBS. That's too much for a 1/2 ton.

If your set on a V best bet is to upgrade your truck first.

6. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

do it and report back or buy a 3/4 truck now and be done with it
    do the make a hd mount for the 1/2 ton ?