Snow Plowing Forum banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts
i was thinking about the 30 but most of the stairs on my jobs are 48 and i figured minus the rails it should be good with the 36 plus the 36 is also better for big side walks on my commercial jobs where my truck will not fit on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

the 30" is probably perfect for 36" sidewalks :nod:

as soon as my old school shovel breaks i will replace it with a 30 or 28"

Discussion starter · #65 ·
s. donato;1205720 said:
i was thinking about the 30 but most of the stairs on my jobs are 48 and i figured minus the rails it should be good with the 36 plus the 36 is also better for big side walks on my commercial jobs where my truck will not fit on the sidewalk. :rolleyes:

the 30" is probably perfect for 36" sidewalks :nod:

as soon as my old school shovel breaks i will replace it with a 30 or 28"
I really dont even know why I bought it, I really dont shovel much. Like not at all, 3 walks I have to do, but if this makes it faster im game. Home I have a 8hp toro blower.

ken643;1205729 said:
Home I have a 8hp toro blower.
so how does that thing fit in the jeep? passenger seat? :laughing:

Discussion starter · #67 ·
s. donato;1205743 said:
so how does that thing fit in the jeep? passenger seat? :laughing:
Good point, it may not even fit. The one I carry with me now fits in the back behind both seats. Buts its one of those back saver types wit the bend in the handle. We will see. I should become a dealer Bet I could sell a few of thos around here. But they are pricey for a shovel.

ken643;1205323 said:
New Snow Deflector installed, trial run will be this storm tonight into friday.
LOL......You must have been reading my mind....I was thinking about your jeep all night while I was clearing snow and was going to ask you to post some pix of your jeep. You really got me to thinking about looking for one of those. We don't get to much snow here at one time so I was thinking that that would be better then walking behind snow blowers all day...If you ever get the chance, I would love to see pix of the inside, like to see that camera set up too.

ken643;1205776 said:
Good point, it may not even fit. The one I carry with me now fits in the back behind both seats. Buts its one of those back saver types wit the bend in the handle. We will see. I should become a dealer Bet I could sell a few of thos around here. But they are pricey for a shovel.
i meant the snow blower :laughing:

but the shovel is pretty big also. i got to use mine today and wow is all i can say. it worked great. the down side is you can't lift snow with it. dam thing is slicker then snot. :nod:

on of the crossing guards at a site saw it and loved it - i even let him try it out on some snow :rolleyes:

Discussion starter · #70 ·
JayD2;1205873 said:
LOL......You must have been reading my mind....I was thinking about your jeep all night while I was clearing snow and was going to ask you to post some pix of your jeep. You really got me to thinking about looking for one of those. We don't get to much snow here at one time so I was thinking that that would be better then walking behind snow blowers all day...If you ever get the chance, I would love to see pix of the inside, like to see that camera set up too.
Hey, Ill take some pics of jeep in and out soon and post them. Dam plow piston is leaking again. The up and down piston. I had a new seal put in a few weeks ago, not leaking again. They are squezzing me in tomorrow morning to check it out and fix it. other thant that all went well. Got about 4-5 inches here. Had to do some twice, just because I know if I wait unitl its over and it ends around rush hour the customers hate pulling out into the 4-5 inches and then the phone starts ringing, UGH!. So I went out at 430 hit them all once, of course the storm stopped so I only had to go back and do about half of them over which was nice. All done now, Anxious to get the is leak fixed before this potential storm tuesday and wednesday.

How do you make out?

not tired of your vids at all... makes me really want more customers

as for my day almost killed my battery when doing the gas station today. its in the video you can hear my idiot light bing and say check gauges - i think i yelled some expletive :realmad:. got to pick up a deep cell for next week ASAP!!! On a good note the freaking temp gauge doesn't move anymore Thumbs Up

my vids are uploading now. only got two decent ones. i keep forgetting to turn it on when i get to a job.:help:

also fully tripped my blade on a curb pretty bad... shuck the truck :dizzy: wish i had that one in a vid.

small driveway

gas station

7:12 you hear my battery light beep :realmad:

ken643;1206628 said:
Hey, Ill take some pics of jeep in and out soon and post them. Dam plow piston is leaking again. The up and down piston. I had a new seal put in a few weeks ago, not leaking again. They are squezzing me in tomorrow morning to check it out and fix it. other thant that all went well. Got about 4-5 inches here. Had to do some twice, just because I know if I wait unitl its over and it ends around rush hour the customers hate pulling out into the 4-5 inches and then the phone starts ringing, UGH!. So I went out at 430 hit them all once, of course the storm stopped so I only had to go back and do about half of them over which was nice. All done now, Anxious to get the is leak fixed before this potential storm tuesday and wednesday.

How do you make out?
Hey that would be great to see those jeep pix...I wonder why more guys around here don't use them. We don't more than 4" at a time...Maybe its the big truck thing...
The places I did was 3 - 1/2" & 4", not bad but I was waiting for it to stop snowing so that put me out there late and dark out. I got in around 9:30PM.

Went back out today to do the church. That took me about 3 1/2 hours. I did take two breaks to thaw out my fingers....Went through two pair of gloves from being wet. it was pretty cold out there, it was 6 deg. when I started and 9 deg. when I got done LOL.

wirenut;1206712 said:
all it takes is for one idiot to loose control while going through your left overs and they'll own you
is what i was getting at. especially with the sew happy ambulance chasers around here...
it actually takes me longer to turn around some times then to just push to the side. there are certain places where i will push across the street but its usually very little snow. and i clean the street better then the way i found it.

i hear what your saying and agree but sometimes in real life i seem to have situations like "where else do you put it" that turns up. if you drive around most of the towns by me you will see big piles right across the street from driveways.

i am in no way saying its legal and i agree its should never be a best practice its just seems to be "acceptable" in my area YMMV

Discussion starter · #77 ·
s. donato;1206769 said:
it actually takes me longer to turn around some times then to just push to the side. there are certain places where i will push across the street but its usually very little snow. and i clean the street better then the way i found it.

i hear what your saying and agree but sometimes in real life i seem to have situations like "where else do you put it" that turns up. if you drive around most of the towns by me you will see big piles right across the street from driveways.

i am in no way saying its legal and i agree its should never be a best practice its just seems to be "acceptable" in my area YMMV
Its done everywhere in my area, and exactly what you said, some of the driveways I have by design you really have to push it out there is no other way to get rid of it., Nice Videos Sal. What do you get for a gas station? I'm just curious do you figure in all the obstacles?

Discussion starter · #78 ·
JayD2;1206756 said:
Hey that would be great to see those jeep pix...I wonder why more guys around here don't use them. We don't more than 4" at a time...Maybe its the big truck thing...
The places I did was 3 - 1/2" & 4", not bad but I was waiting for it to stop snowing so that put me out there late and dark out. I got in around 9:30PM.

Went back out today to do the church. That took me about 3 1/2 hours. I did take two breaks to thaw out my fingers....Went through two pair of gloves from being wet. it was pretty cold out there, it was 6 deg. when I started and 9 deg. when I got done LOL.
Around here Jeeps are just as popular as pickups. So far my jeep has handled without issue this last 24-26 inch snow storm in December and last February a 20+ incher , No sweat. Thumbs Up

Discussion starter · #79 ·
s. donato;1206657 said:
not tired of your vids at all... makes me really want more customers

as for my day almost killed my battery when doing the gas station today. its in the video you can hear my idiot light bing and say check gauges - i think i yelled some expletive :realmad:. got to pick up a deep cell for next week ASAP!!! On a good note the freaking temp gauge doesn't move anymore Thumbs Up

my vids are uploading now. only got two decent ones. i keep forgetting to turn it on when i get to a job.:help:

also fully tripped my blade on a curb pretty bad... shuck the truck wish i had that one in a vid.
PS Congrats on the TEMP issue!Thumbs Up

ken643;1206941 said:
Around here Jeeps are just as popular as pickups. So far my jeep has handled without issue this last 24-26 inch snow storm in December and last February a 20+ incher , No sweat. Thumbs Up
Hey Ken, Would you buy a new jeep or just look for an older one? What do they run, as I have never in my life even looked at prices on jeeps...I'm going to google that one up that you have..

61 - 80 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.