04 front spring bushings

WOODY367

So on my 04 F250 5.4 4x4 leaf springs. the left Front upper spring hanger bushing is shot and squeaking bad. I went to remove it and the exhaust pipe is in the way on one side and the body mount is in the way on the other side. Is there away to do this without dropping the exhaust? Once the bolt is out how do I get the old bushing out of the frame? I bought the Energy suspension front spring bushing kit.

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
Ha, you got your cart in front of your horse. :D Just take your hack saw, sawz-all, etc and cut the exhaust, remove the bolt and move on. That’s the easy part. The bushings don’t come out easy. Best to just drop both springs, get them on the press and push out the old ones. If one’s making noise, they are all getting poor most likely. Put your new poly’s in and enjoy. Weld or SS band clamp the pipe back together. Don’t think you can pound out the old ones, this is rarely doable, there’s just to much“ boing” in them :p

OP
WOODY367

WOODY367

Thank you for the reply. Yes I plan on using a pres to get the spring bushings out. It looks like the upper spring hanger bushing is in the frame and if so how do I get those out?

scottr

PlowSite.com Addict
They make various clamp and all thread style presses / pillars that will allow you to do those in place. A little google time will give you some ideas. Your local auto parts store may have them to rent or use for free.

Top Forums