Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 Silverado 2500. I want to lift it thinking a 5 inch. It is my secondary plow truck incase any of the other trucks have issues I have it as a backup, I have a 7' 6" Fischer V-plow on it. Would I be able to plow with the lift? Ive heard many different things. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance .

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I’m doing it mainly for looks but it does sit low to begin with but with salter and plow it’s really low. I hope not to use that truck for salt next year but I like the look. I want to do a two inch front and back. I’m going to talk to my local shop but I think that would be ok.

· Registered
6,441 Posts
Get air bags for the back to help with sagging and turn your torsion bars up front. That truck should be fine to handle the weight.

Mine is the non-hd and with the air bags I load 2+ yards in my spreader with minimal sagging. Front end sags, but not awful with my 8.5 straight blade and wings after turning the torsion bars up around an inch, inch and a half. Just make sure to mark the bolts so you can turn both the same amount

· Registered
295 Posts
If you need bags in a 2500 your prob overloaded. Prob overloaded with 2+ yards of salt in the back too.

I got my ezv off a lifted dodge. Its on my non lifted k3500. They have quite a bit of adjustment. How much? Idk.

· Registered
6,441 Posts
If you need bags in a 2500 your prob overloaded. Prob overloaded with 2+ yards of salt in the back too.
I guarantee it, along with probably 90% of salt trucks and probably most plow trucks.

I'm not saying it's right, or to even do it, just that opinions are available. I probably should have said something along the lines of "don't overload your truck"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.