1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR's and plowing

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by grasskeepers, Aug 10, 2008.

1. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

Hi guys this is my first post. I have a lawn care business in northern alberta tymusic, i am think about doing snow removal this winter. Most of the work would be res. drives ways. I already have a haskqvana 24hp ztr, that i'm and thinking about puttin a plow on. just wanted to hear some input on that issue. I have a huge drive way my self so i already have a snow blower showels and snow scoops
    Also do you have set prices for how much it snows like if theres under 3 inches then 3 inches to 6 inches would be more

Thanks guys for any input
  2. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Unless your own a walker, grasshopper front cut or exmark front cut. You are completely wasting your time. Midmount ZTR suck in the snow. Front mounts with the weight on the drive tires, they push very well. But really work better with snow blowers.
  3. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Try to remember it's a lawn mower. Explore the numerous other options for your snow removal equipment needs. It should get beat up enough in the summer if used on a commercial scale. Give it the winter off............thats the time to recondition it.
  4. grasskeepers

grasskeepers Member

i pulled up some weather stats for my city most snow falls are less then 0.2 cm about 10 times a month and one snow fall with less then 5 cm a month

so far this year i only put 15 hours on my mower, i would take the mower deck. I also plan to keep my route close to home cutting down drive time and loading time
    Is any one using them?? What would you suggest using for residential drives