1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ZTR Plowing & Chains

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by rockytop, Nov 26, 2010.

1. rockytop

rockytop Junior Member

Thanks everyone for the responses on the battery question,your answers really helped really helped. Heres my next two questions.

Has anyone here mounted a plow to their ZTR? I see the accessories for these for sale and am just wondering if I am getting everything out of what I own.
    I have an Exmark 60 inch with a Kubota diesel. I think weight is 1700lbs. Any thoughts?

The chains I purchased from dealer for ATV are pretty loose and fall off. I see some tighteners out there but thought you guys could give me some good advice on their use.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

The wheel motors are not designed to push that kind of load. I would never use my mower to plow snow.

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

When I put the "snow tries" on my walker I also use chains. I made it so the chains are TIGHT when there is little to no air in the tires. Got them good and tight, and then air up the tires. Mine don't even make any noise when I drive. That is better than extra tighteners.

As for the wheel hydros....I have no real answer for that in regard to it being Exmark. My walker has the option from the factory of blades/blowers so I know my hydros are at least ment for it.

I'd just ask the dealer and see if you should worry...personally I would not worry. Go make money with your mower!

4. yell llc

yell llc Member

talked to my scag dealer about it the other day...firmly suggested that if i like my mower i would not do it.

5. S-205

S-205 Senior Member
    from Ontario