1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. LetItSnoPlowGuy

LetItSnoPlowGuy Junior Member
    from Vermont

Hello all.....here is my situation. A friend of mine that has been plowing for a while wants me to sub. I have a 2000 GMC Sonoma ZR2. My frame rails are 3 1/2" and total frame width is 30". The only mounts I know would work are made for the homesteaders. I have 2 possible options other than those little plows which is where I need some help. I have the option of running a 7ft Fisher that currently has minute mount headgear thats 27 1/2" wide at the mounts. or I have the option of running a 7.5' fisher belt driven set up that came off 86 Chevy pickup. So I guess the first questions is: 1) Can I use Minute Mounts made for ZR2 94-96 (the last years made for ZR2s)? 2) Would that be the closet mount to get in order to do as little fab as possible? 3) Should I just fab the belt drive system and use that since its likely to be more reliable?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You might want to look at some other brands. Fisher is not the only company making plows.

A Sno-Way would be an ideal plow for that truck.

3. LetItSnoPlowGuy

from Vermont

I really don't want to get another plow when I have 2 options in front of me. I'm not brand loyal, these are just my options cause we have them already. I'm trying to get advice on how to make one of these 2 options work.

4. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

Take what you have to your local welding shop. A good welder can make anything work.

5. Steve'sZr2

Steve'sZr2 Member

Fisher mounts 7142. Work for all 94-2005 Zr2 s10/blazers

6. LetItSnoPlowGuy

from Vermont

Thanks.....so now the quest begins to track down a set of those. Atleast i have a direction to head in

7. LetItSnoPlowGuy

from Vermont

So just to update this thread...I went with a Sno-Way plow that I found on Craigslist. It came off of a 2001 Chevrolet Ext Cab and came complete with harness, control, mounting plate. It is the MT series but the serial number was painted over. Super easy to install with very few mods. I had to cut 2" steel stock 1/8 (same as a receiver hitch) to act as a spacer to mount to the front frame rails. I cut them both 6" and it works perfectly, putting the plow within its recommended clearance. The harness couldn't be easier. And best of all it is really impressive!