1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

zr2 w/fisher plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ronsracing, Jan 13, 2004.

1. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

pics without snow.

plow2.jpg

2. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice ZR2 I have one of those also :D But it doesn't have a plow

3. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

RON,

WHAT MODEL FISHER IS THAT? ITS NOT A HOMESTEADER IS IT?
    DID U HAVE TO INSTALL TIMBRENS?

4. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

It is a 6'9" ld fisher. No it is not a homesteader(wouldn't fit my truck). I have not put timbrens on it. I will see how it works out. I put about 300 - 400 pounds of ballest in the truck when I plow.

5. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

ROn,

thanks for the repsonse. it looks as if the stock front end holds the weight of the plow pretty well. i just sold my 02 zr2. i wanted to plow with it but was discouraged by all the negative feedback i got from the locals around here. wish i saw that pic of your truck sooner.

6. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

When I originally purchased my zr2, I never thought of plowing with it. But when I went to get my plow truck going this fall I realized it needed a ton of work. It sat from march until nov.
    I thought about it and come to the conclusion that it was more feasible for me to get rid of it and put a plow on the zr2.
    Plowing isn't my business. I just like doing it for fun(the extra cash is nice too).

7. Merc1100sc

Merc1100sc Senior Member

I HEAR YA. IM LOOKING FOR EXTRA CASH ON THE SIDE MYSELF.

SO, HOW WELL DOES IT PLOW?

8. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Only used it for one storm so far. It takes some getting used to. The blade is small but the truck is more maneuverable. I also am getting used to the fish stick hand held controller.

9. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

What year is your ZR2 Ron?

This is my Z:

10. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Plowman
    It is an 03. I bought it new last june.

11. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

Mine is a 03 as well I got it in May of last year, I drive that more than my Ford :D