1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

zr2 w/fisher down

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ronsracing, Jan 13, 2004.

1. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

without snow

plow3.jpg

2. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Nice! Is it a 6'9"? I would highly recommend a snow deflector if you like to see where you are going if you plow with any speed at all.:waving:

plow truckint.jpg

3. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

zr2 plower
    Yes, it is a 6'9". Where did you get the rubber deflector? Fisher does not list one to fit the 6'9".

4. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

I made it out of a piece of 10" wide pulley belt from a mill. It is not rubber but more of a nylon. It is much stiffer than rubber and you still get some blowback but it stacks the snow nicely when we get the big dumps.:D

5. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice trucks:)

6. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

Nice trucks. I thought I was seeing double .

7. PS496

PS496 Junior Member

Good lookin trucks you got there.:cool:

8. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Ron
    Finally I get to see this plow on that truck. Very nice indeed. So did the place were you got it mounted have to do any mods?
    I sur would like that plow for my Z.

Josh 99zr2

9. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Josh
    They did not have to make any mods for my truck.
    It works real nice. Used it for 2 little storms(light & fluffy) last week and now one large storm(heavy stuff) last night and it worked great.
    I love the easy of taking it on & off.

10. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

I just got a 97 Jimmy and I would love to put a Fisher on it. The problem is Fisher doesn't make the setup any longer. How did you get that setup? Please e-mail me: mike@exactcomputing.com

11. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

do the Ld series plow Backdrag well?
    thanks
    Mark

12. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Mark
    The LD back drags as well as any other fisher I have had. The rubber cutting edge works nice.

13. MSL INC.

MSL INC. Junior Member

14. S-10 Plower

S-10 Plower Senior Member

Do these plows pull a lot of power from the electrical system if I put one on should I upgrade the alternator?

15. ronsracing

ronsracing Member
    from CT

Mark
    On my zr2 the voltage meter goes down a little when using the plow, but it recovers nicely.

16. ZR2plower

ZR2plower Member

Mark,
    My voltmeter goes down too and the lights will dim a bit. With 64 driveways I was figuring on the battery lasting me one season tops but after 2 full seasons under my belt with this truck the battery is still going strong. I started it the other morning at -28F and it turned over fine. I do have synthetic in it which helps.:D

17. 99zr2

99zr2 Senior Member

Ron
    Damit all I knew I should of got the ld. I could really kick myself for not getting it.
    Oh well I still like my plow but wish I had the ld.

Josh 99zr2:realmad:

18. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I have 6'6" deflectors on ebay for $12.95 I would cut a 6'9" for the same price