1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ZF6 Soft Clutch

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Willman940, May 28, 2012.

1. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Yesterday after pulling my boat up the ramp in 2nd (whoops), clutch has gradually been feeling softer more often. I'm sure you've heard this before, feels like there's nothing behind it it will engage/disengage every once in-awhile. But not on command.

I used the Search feature and originally thought I had it diagnosed as the slave cylinder but after reading through multiple threads and seeing the multitude of problems with the recommended ford kit, and not being entirely confident in myself to not drop the push rod into the bell-housing, I thought would question those with experience.

Could it be the clutch fork?

Especially since none of the ford dealerships part/service is open due to the holiday, but they will sell you a car.

That being said I have the utmost respect for the men and women who have and will fight and die for my freedom.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Not sure about the ford fix,,,, but a soft clutch would be a slave or master a fork wouldn't cause a soft issue

3. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

That was my thought also, although upon reading some folks reported cracks in forks that would move. I couldn't really understand what they meant by that but I thought I'd ask.

4. dieselss

Sorry for long delay,,,,if the clutch fork is cracked, that would cause flex....ie flexing under psi. Still think slave might be leaking

5. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

It's fine, should have updated, it was the slave.

6. dieselss

Ok good to know