1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Zero Turn mower

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by earthly, Nov 25, 2006.

1. earthly

earthly Junior Member

I am interested in understanding if I purchased a Zero turn mower with a snow blade attachment. What would be the recommended horsepower, type of Lift needed for the blade, how high should the blade be able to be lifted, tire size etc; if I used the Zero turn for snow removal are there any limitation? Presently I noticed Dixion, Cub Cadet Commercial, Gravely offering the snow blade attachment.
    Thank you for any and all comments.

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

take off the mower deck, buy a Dixie Chopper, and buy their blade attachment for it. Look on their website for specs and videos of their mower plowing snow.

Any other brand, buy the biggest thing you can afford, and put chains on the tires or get some really aggressive treaded ones for the winter.

3. gordyo

gordyo Senior Member

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

5. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

JRCO makes a blade for pushing snow. Not positive about quality. But it is something to look at.

6. Is it me seeing double or is there an identical thread on this very same topic HERE? Just wondering...