1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

zero turn mower plows? anyone own one

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Theyre all $500-$750ish, they look cheap, but maybe do the job.

Some only have like one push mount in the middle, which i can see me or my guys running that biznitch into one curb and totally fawkin something up, plow or the mower.

Im thinking of putting one on our 08 72" deck Ferris is3100z 32hp, since it weighs a good 1500lbs full of fuel, problem is, i never throught about the fact that id need at least the same size blade up front. I was "thinking" mentally, ha, that machine is plenty heavy should take a 60" plow no problem :p

If i can have one just as a backup in case big snow comes and stuff gets out of hands on some of our accounts like the storage facilities, ti could speed things up with one of those there and our bigger loader.

Anyone own these and do ANY make models brand specific for Ferris?
  2. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Some walk behinds I found, A ztr would probably be easier to setup.

a couple of exmarks...there not mine.

I would love to try out doing this to one of my exmarks. Seems it would be super efficient with dual hydros and a sulky.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

4. My bowtie

My bowtie Senior Member

I deffinatly take the deck off..My ztr's get stuck on wet leaves...well not quite that bad...but im sure chains would help.........ussmileyflag
  5. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i have a ferris is3000, the deck comes off real easy, took me around 15 minutes. the hardest part was getting the deck out from under the mower. also, without the deck the front becomes real light, alittle to light acutally,
  6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Anyone know where I can get a blower for the front of my 60" walk behind exmark? And any idea of the cost?
  7. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I made a pusher blade for my EverRide to push dirt on small areas. Works pretty slick for its size and weight, very fast. I pulled the deck off and ran angle iron back to the trailer hitch for a mounting area. Hooked up the front deck chaines to a cross angle and use the foot pedal to lift with.
  8. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Traction would be my issue. I would take the deck off for fear of getting hung up. I think if they were used for light duty sidewalk work and then use a blower if it was heavier. I would also look and how they Angle and how to raise them.
  9. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

i know that RAD technologies sells one but their web site has no pictures or any info on one.
  10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

i would reallly like to here from anyone that uses them on a walk behind mower
  11. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I would to, but I don't think there is that many and they might not be members of PS.

I think for light duty, with some chains for traction, they might do ok.
  12. GSJ

GSJ Junior Member
    from W. MI

We've had the RAD Tech. blower on a Turf Tracer for about 4 yrs. now. It works great. Haven't had any major issues other than normal maint. Very maneuverable, blows about 25'. We had the tires solid filled. They weigh about 60lbs. each. We screw in sheet metal screws for traction. We have a spare machine with the hookup on standby in case the mower has a problem.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
  13. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

A few years ago we custom fab'd an old atv plow to mount on the front of a Ferris walk behind. Took the deck off, and mounted it to the front plate. No pics though sorry. Worked well, better than shoveling I guess. But I wasnt behind it-so I'm just going on what my guys claimed. Not as much walkway work since those days, so we took it all apart. Might put it together again this year. If I do, I'll post a pic for you.