1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

z71 tranny problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dougydoug, Jun 26, 2004.

1. dougydoug

dougydoug Junior Member
    from ohio

I have the tranny out of my '93 silverado z71...I can't get the nut on the output shaft off... First i tried a ratchet and a hammer and no luck. Then i tried an air ratchet and no luck w/ that either. The only other idea i had was an impact gun. This probably was not the best choice since it rounded off the notches on the nut... Now i have a nut with rounded notches, how am i gonna get if off???:(

2. dougydoug

dougydoug Junior Member
    from ohio

Am i suposed to assume that i am screwed since i haven't had a single reply??

3. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Doug
    Im not sure about this but is this nut left hand threads? If it is and you are trying to take this off by turning it to the left it will not work. Just a thought.
    If all else fails call your local tran guy,not a national chain but somebody who has been around and ask him how to get it off.

Regards Mike

4. dougydoug

dougydoug Junior Member
    from ohio

thanks mike,
    the thread is right handed...i checked b4 i started. You would think i would b able to figure this out since i am a machinist, but i dont want to f it up any more. that is just my luck

thanks again