1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Z plow never before seen

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by z plower, Dec 2, 2014.

1. z plower

z plower Junior Member
    from West Mi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozkHr_5kGCE

here is a video link to Z-plow, an attachment for the zspray from LT rich. We made it this winter, patent pending. Take a look and let me know what you think. I have 5 of them working this winter and as you can see they work awsome. Gets done about double what a quad with a plow and salter can do, and about 7 times what a hand shoveler and push salter can do.

So far this winter we have totaled about 500 miles of sidewalk, 1000 gallons of liquid de icer sprayed, and 750 bags of salt spread. A few minor kinks that we needed to work out but all in all it has been a very reliable system.

2. TKLAWN

TKLAWN PlowSite Veteran

I like it.

Seems to work well for your application.

3. absolutely

absolutely Senior Member

Looks like a great idea. Almost bought the z-pluger with a blade - just too big.

4. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice machine Its basically like a zero turn mower with an hydraulic plow

5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

That's pretty neat.

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

VERY impressive I hate to ask ok how much

7. z plower

z plower Junior Member
    from West Mi

It's going to be pretty close to 3,000 installed, but that really isn't bad considering it comes with all the hydros, hitch, lights, ect. And it runs on live hydraulics off the motor so there aren't any electrical components to fail. It works much quicker and stronger than electric pumps and has way less problems. If you look into the cost of an ATV plow, lift winch (no down pressure), no power angle, nowhere near the maneuverability, and then try to put a salter on the back of that quad with all the problems and mounting that comes along with it, and the quad isn't stainless steel, This setup is really pretty reasonable. Plus most bigger companies already have a z spray but not a quad. There is a. Aerator attachment that goes on the front for the summer too but I didn't post that

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  8. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

your right its cool i don't get out of the truck most of the time but that would be great for our sidewalk crews wait the guy i work 4 is cheap

9. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Who do I contact?

I just fell in love.

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Looks hard on the hydros.

11. newhere

newhere PlowSite.com Addict
    from Fenton

That thing is pretty darn nice. Z-spray doesn't allready make one?

12. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

X2. I've got an extra z spray just sitting in a corner that needs this.

13. Mark Oomkes

BTW, I am serious.

14. z plower

z plower Junior Member
    from West Mi

Green grass is my company, in caledonia mi. I think LT RICH may be selling them direct before long (hopefully) but until then I am selling them and making them myself.

The hydros are more than adequate, there are two separate pressure reliefs built in the system and we have shear pins for the angle cylinder to minimize the stress on the hydros, but I have a machine now that is going to get its 4th motor put in next week and it has not had a single hydraulic component replaced yet. It has not had a plow on it the whole time but it is 10 years old and has been working for the entire season all 10 of those years.

15. Mark Oomkes

What's the lead time for getting one setup?

16. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

[​IMG]

17. Mark Oomkes

You're too far away.

And you're from Ohio.

18. Maclawnco

Maclawnco Senior Member
    from OH

Tell you what, buy the plow, put it on our extra z spray and I'll tell you how great it is!

19. Mark Oomkes

Sure, I'll pick it up for you when it's ready.

They can't be more than a few miles from me.

20. z plower

z plower Junior Member
    from West Mi

I could have one installed on your machine and operational in about a week. I have quite a few parts for them stocked because it is new and I am warrantying anything that breaks for a year. I am ordering more parts as I get orders but the hydros and stainless is expensive so I only have enough for 3 more machines now. I have 5 currently working but they are all spoken for. When we first made it nobody thought it would work so we had spares but after the first snow and they worked so well I had them booked up right away :) Im just really happy we had an idea, pursued it, and it actually works!