1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Z-max

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by JCark, Jan 11, 2011.

1. JCark

JCark Member

Anyone use Z-Max in their diesels? I'm thinking about doing a z-max treatment but I am a bit hesitant since I have the 6.0L and its a very picky engine. Has anyone done this or would anyone recommend this? it does look like it would help...

2. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

dunno, i buy the large power service jugs and put some in both my 6.4 and 6.0 every few tanks

3. damian

damian Senior Member

dont do it. to make a long story short,if this is the same z-max that has been in and out of business for the last 10 years or so offering an oil treatment that cleans and protects the engine. i told a customer who got the fuel,oil and coolant treatment kit for a gift not to use it,he changed his oil added the oil treatment and ran it 5 miles, the oil pick up screen plugged solid,the engine had no oil presssure,we pulled the engine,tore it down and saw most of the paint from inside the engine and all varnish and sludge washed off and deposited into the screen. the rod bearings were junk the rest was ok, he shut it down in time. we called the company it was out of biz at the time.the truck was a toyota pick up r22 engine. good luck

4. JCark

JCark Member

Wow thanks! I don't think there would be more than 1 type of z-max so I'm going to stay away from that.

5. nonsense

nonsense Junior Member

If your looking for something to clean the oil side of your injectors the only thing to us is Hot Shot's Secret. It's made by LSI out of Mt. Gilead OH. I've run it a bunch have both seen and done tests on it and it's great. I don't know about the rest of their products. PM me if you have questions.

6. ford26

ford26 Junior Member

I use lucas products in my trucks. Sea foam is also a good product.