1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

You've gotta read this one....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by D&E, Dec 7, 2010.

1. D&E

D&E Senior Member

Ya, it's pretty long. Worth reading, though.

I live in Akron, OH. All of my accounts are in the Akron/Kent/Fairlawn area. Once a storm is over, I'll make a trip to my parents house about 30 minutes away, plow the drive, get some dinner, have a few beers with pops, you get the idea. I had just finished up my route today, plugged the truck in and gotten inside when I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I figured, "Cool, new account or something."

It was a guy saying that he found my number off of a flyer at Drug Mart in the city my parents live in. I thought it was kinda weird because I never advertise up that way, but thought maybe my parents had put one up or something. He said it was an emergency, his car was snowed in and every other plow company was at least 2 hours out.

I informed him that I don't normally come up that way and I'd have to charge more because it's a special trip. He told me no problem, he'll pay what I think is fair. So..... I get his address and recognize the street name since I grew up in the neighborhood. I figure no need to mapquest it. So after about a half hour drive, I show up to his street. It's a no outlet and no branch streets. Just the one, so I know I'm in the right place.

-This is where it gets good-

So I'm looking for the address he gave me, 933. Problem is, EVERY house on the street is a FOUR digit address. So I call the fella, no answer. Call again, no answer, left a message. After I hung up, I noticed that all of the drives had been plowed but one. It's address was 9113. Maybe I heard the guy wrong, so I go to the door. No answer, no lights on, no tire tracks or footprints in the snow, absolutely nothing.

I head back to the truck and my phone rings. Guess who. I asked him to clarify his address and he says "933". I told him all of the addresses are 4 digits, and he said he's pretty sure his is 933. I asked him to go outside or turn on a porch light or something so I could find where he was. I knew I was on the right street. He said he's out by the road by the mailbox.

Well guess what now. The street I'm on doesn't have mailboxes. Just those boxes on the side of the house by the front door. Then Captain Clarification hangs up on me. I called him probably 20 more times over the next 15 minutes and left 3 messages.

I finally called it quits after a while and headed back to Akron in complete confusion. I think somebody's messing with me. I wish they would have done it in a way that didn't cost me almost $30 in fuel.

Sorry for the long post. I had to share it with you guys.

2. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Sounds like your competition had a little late night fun with you. Bummer.

3. D&E

D&E Senior Member

Something else I just remembered. The neighborhood was a pretty wealthy one. Nothing a younger person my age could ever afford to live in on their own. His voicemail, however, was definitely nothing an established person would ever have as their voicemail. Something like, "Yo dude, it's me. Uhhh leave me one."

Weird.

4. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

Gotta be your buddies pranking you when they're wasted- don't ya think?

5. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

I am 51 yr old.

My voice mails says "YO, leave a message." Click.........

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Rebel without a cause.

7. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Don't B**** about the fuel burned.... Now you have someone to screw with late at night every time your plowing. He will regret jacking with you after a whole winter of being woke up every time it snows.

8. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Did you try to do a reverse lookup or google the phone number?

9. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Post the phone number here and everyone can bombard him with calls nonstop

10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm with Nicholas - post the number!

11. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Post the number

12. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

amen post it!

13. Tahoeplower

Tahoeplower Junior Member

I'm in! Post it!

14. VIPHGM

VIPHGM Senior Member

Post it.... but also type it into Google and do a cross reference search the number and see what it brings up or go to Fb and type in in there and see if they have a account sometime people have there number in there profile page or do a reverse look up in the white pages... you should be able lt figure out who it is and where they live... then when you get a really big snow event.... plow in there drive way so bad that they will be shoveling it out until July :laughing::laughing::laughing: that will teach them a lesson!!

15. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

Go ahead and post it.... I like VIPHGM's idea of plowing him in. Definitely find his address and at like 3am when your done plowing make a nice pile at the end of his driveway.

16. frostypaws1221

frostypaws1221 Junior Member

let us know when you post it!

17. yardsmith

yardsmith Senior Member

POST IT! or maybe we'll start calling you too :D
    us tradesmen gotta stick together! Thumbs Up

18. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

lol, I had my first ever prank call on the business cell yesterday.....It was about a neighbour accusing me of stealing his newspaper every morning & that he was gonna come thru the door and fight, blah,blah,....then it ended with a message saying "you've been pranked by pranks.com, so I did a search on youtube to see if it was popular....well heres the link! LOL Thumbs Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr7Eu-kznWQ&feature=related

19. D&E

D&E Senior Member

This guy's costing me even more money! I paid for a reverse phone lookup and it didn't find anything!

Anyways, if you guys really want it,

440-781-6768

20. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

muuuuaahahahahahahahaha