1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Yours vs. His

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NNJSnow, Jan 5, 2003.

1. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

I was just curious as to what everyone would do, When going to plow and working under someone else would you plow with a vehical that they have that you could use or would you rather use your own vehical. I was just curious, for you have the option here of useing oher equipment and what not or you can use your own personal equipment. They both have there ups adn down, so what do you think?

by the way hehe its lightly snowing here:drinkup: 2-3inches
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2003
  2. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I would rather drive my own, Because I know how it was taken care of, and I have everything that I need in it...but if it pays the same I would drive his...;)
  3. fordman

fordman Senior Member

I would definitly drive his, less wear and tear on your equipment. Even if his equipment hasn't been maintained properly he's on the hook to get it fixed not you. The less repair bills you have to deal with the better.
  4. sirsweatsalot

sirsweatsalot Banned
    from MN

drive his. you don't have to worry about fixing it... well at least paying for it to get fixed. and you can beet the sh*t out of it. cuz crapy old plow trucks take more then a 90's truck!
  5. HerkFE

HerkFE Member

Depends on the money...typically you get paid more when you have your own equipment. If I could get the same money driving their I would, save the wear and tear, but I bet that is unlikely.

Around here it's tough to find good drivers/employees, ones who know what they are doing and don't destroy the vehicles. They typically make 50% more because I don't have to hold it back to save for repairs. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU OWN IT! Just my opinion... :D

But if anyone around is paying $65 an hour for a driver only...let me know!