1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kazoo Lawn Care, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Kazoo Lawn Care

Kazoo Lawn Care Junior Member
    from Mi.

Got a chance to buy a new chevy 2500 HD with a Boss 8'2" V plow for $30,000.I think it's a good deal but I am only going to plowing residential.
    I am starting up a lawn/snowplowing business.
    What do you guys think?
    PS..no power windows or power door locks and just the standard am-fm radio.

2. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

I bought a new 2001 (in 2001) Chevy 2500HD with the LS package (power everything, CD, etc...) plow prep, etc... with a Western 8.5 MVP, for just over 30,000 including taxes etc... no GM discount... Truck I got for invoice & a $1,000 dealer rebate, plow was arround 3k...

Its a great truck, can handle almost anything (remember I'm from Buffalo)... I only have the little 8 engine, remember the engine only matters for towing/hauling. When your plowing its traction that will be your only problem.

Depending on what engine that truck has it may be a deal or not, the deisel w/ allison costs about 8k more.

Check out www.gmbuypower.com, You can search all your local dealers inventory and ask what lowest thay will sell a specific truck for.
    I went into a dealer the saleman gave me the lowest price he could possibly sell the truck for. Went on the site and thay gave me an even lower price w/ no negoating same dealer, same truck. Of cource 2 days later I found an even better truck for less at a diffrent/better dealer, who was also a Western dealer. :)

3. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

If you shop, you should be able to get a base model Chevy with plow for $27,000 to 28,000. For $30,000 the truck ought to be optioned up pretty good, with a gas engine.