1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on a bid please

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Raymond S., Sep 2, 2010.

1. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Got a request to bid the plowing for two dentists I currently mow for. Price to include shoveling walks and ice melt. Previous guy never did plowing so this year they want an all in one. I have some large commercials, wide open, no walks that I currently do along with some smaller commercials but nothing this tight. In the photo North is up, so...I was thinking pushing all the snow from the south building to the West end just north of the entrance and stacking. Then all the snow from the North building to the North/west corner near the entrance, similiar to the south lot only opposite.(the two dark circles) Then plan on tucking the corners on all the little parking areas. There are a few other areas I can stack the snow but don't want to get anything stacked near the walks or buildings. It's a tight lot on a summer day w/ cars let alone when you start stacking snow. 3/4 ton truck 8' straight blade w/ wings. Also walks My initial thoughts are roughly an hour, maybe a bit longer at $150 plus $40 for walks. Combined it seems high to me. My gut tells me it should be $150 WITH walks.
    I'm going to include a salt price with the bid but they currently don't salt the parking area. Not necessarily looking for a price rather length of time.
    Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[​IMG]

2. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

:20 to plow, :20 walks. Push the snow through the spots were you can, the rest disperse along the driveways, looks like a real simple lot.

3. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe a 30 minute push, the wings will help you.....150 for that is a little steep in my market I'd get more like 75 on 0-4 and our min salt charge of 95 each app, might take a quarter ton to salt it pretty heavy. I'd plow and shovel that site for 150 on a 0-4. Half hour shovel, half hour plow, good margins..............Tell him you'll concede to plowing and shoveling for 150 if he agrees to salt it, make sure you point out how much safer the lot will be and the buzz word for doctors these days is liability, explain how you're limiting his liability by making the lot safer and you'll be doing well on this stop.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  4. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate the input. I guess I was a little off on my timing but it just seems like a lot of double crossing and pushing here, backing up, etc. I could push through alot of spots but I'm concerned that after a couple events people will be parking against a solid wall of snow and I don't want that to happen, hence the reason for wanting to push mostly to two spots. Do you think that would be a concern? It will take a little more time but be worth it I think. Even still, I'll probably cut the price down a little and sell on the salt. No reason they shouldn't be salting this lot.

5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

since there are no curbs from the looks of the pic, space shouldnt be an issue, just make sure you push it back a little further than the edge on the first push.