1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Your superduty 02-04 lifted with plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dissociative, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

just bought me a new 2004 superduty and i plan on buying a plow for it too. Thinking of 8' but what series i an not sure. any recommendations?..

i also wanted to know if lifting it 4" with the DR kit and running 35's will interfere with it..how do you guys run plows on lifted trucks?..

2004 fx4 250 SC SB 6.0

side note...i have a 7.5' unimount from my old f150 but i think i will kill it with the new truck...figured i better step up....it's a great blade for an f150 but is it wide enough for a 250?..

2. Dissociative

dead silence?

3. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Since no one wants to burst your bubble..........................

The Unimounts sized for the F150 are way too light for a Super Duty to start with.

Add to that the fact that you are planning on lifting it and you have a plan for spring board plow jumping when you bend it up.

Sell that plow and buy one sized for the Super Duty. Most of the plows will allow for a 3 or 4" lift with there mounting options. It's the size / model of the plow that determines truck size.

7.5 will work with the super duty but the 8' is a better option.

Jerre

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Putting a lift on the truck will most definitely require modifications to the undercarriage mount on the truck. The undercarriage will require custom made brackets to extend it down for proper installation height. The required mount height on a Boss undercarriage is 15 1/2" to the centerline of the pin holes. Not sure on others but I assume that other brands have similar mounting heights.

5. Dissociative

yeah, i get that it needs to be modified...i need to know whats involved...i got my 8' proplow yesterday...fits fine with the 4" lift...and 35's...just wondering if anyone was bigger..

6. Jerre Heyer

You should have enough height in the mount assembly to drop it to 12" center line on the lower lugs. If not you need to extend the front mount assembly to achieve this. Western made brackets for additional bracing for higher trucks. If you can't find them locally let me know I have a pile of them here at the shop.

Jerre

7. Dissociative

additional bracing?...pics or part numbers?...sound like i need this

8. Jerre Heyer

Pieces of angle Iron that bolt onto the drop piece and to the back braces. Check the Western site for diagram explosion of the mounts.

J

9. tojay22

tojay22 Member

i have a 6 inch lift on my f350 and run a western mvp v blade just fine!!!!!

i have a 6 inch DR lift on my 2004 harley f-350 and run a western v blade just fine without any plow mount modification. what you have to do it put a ultra mount frame on and get a unimount conversion piece that western makes (like $125) to hook to it. works great! good luck on the new truck! Jason

10. Dissociative

ok, i got the BRAND NEW. 8' pro ultramount on it. I didn't seem to have any problems other than the ass kicking up a lot. ballast for that though.

now, do i order the snow plow fan clutch from ford as cheap insurance? 6.0 i think i am gonna if it's easy to change.

sold old one 650 locally